ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Video Editing software - Any recommendations?

<< < (9/15) > >>

Curt:
Australia: The worlds newest dictatorship.-4wd (April 26, 2010, 02:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
My expectation is that implementation of mandatory ISP filtering will be more and more political correct all over the world.
--------------

Back on topic:
... AviDemux ... is also what I use for more simplified video editing
-4wd (April 26, 2010, 02:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Any recommendations on what FREE (or LOW COST) editor I can use to merge a video and a mp3 file into a new HQ video? lips2words syncro is not too important for this particular project of mine; I just want to add sound to an animation that already has the same length as the audio file. But I would like the final YouTube version to have almost hi-fi stereo sound.
 :tellme:

Crush:
Working with Mpeg2-Streams I personally prefer ProjectX.

Carol Haynes:
Another tick for Sony Vegas here - been using it since version 3 when it was a Sonic Foundry product and it seems to do anything I need.

I also have Adobe Master Suite CS3 but rarely use Premier as I find Vegas much more intuitive and quicker to use.

One thing to be aware of is with plugins for Sony - they keep changing something with each new version and I am now stuck at version 8 because some of the plugins I use aren't available for Vegas 9 or 10. If you aren't planning to use 3rd party plugins you should be fine.

The Home version is the same software with a few limitations to put of pro users (I can't remember what the limitations are but I think one is the number of tracks you can use in a project).

4wd:
Australia: The worlds newest dictatorship.-4wd (April 26, 2010, 02:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
My expectation is that implementation of mandatory ISP filtering will be more and more political correct all over the world.-Curt (April 26, 2010, 05:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

It is never politically correct when what is being filtered is not subject to public review of any kind - you know, the people who supposedly elected this bunch of cretins.

As to merging video with mp3, if it's an AVI then you can simply use AVIMux-GUI, otherwise AVIDemux will do AVI, MPEG1/2, MP4 and possibly MKV by setting the Video and Audio encode to Copy and setting the output file format.

Curt:
YouTube's Video Editor: http://www.youtube.com/editor

--------

http://www.youtube.com/testtube is another interesting page.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version