ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

O&O DiskStat 2 Pro (Easter promo)

<< < (4/6) > >>

cranioscopical:
Though I do like to run my computer with (relatively) few applications installed these days.
-Darwin (April 06, 2010, 04:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thank you for sharing that, it qualifies as humorous post of the day!  ;D

Innuendo:
The point is, as I understand it .. you cannot be sure of removing the earlier Nets.  Unpredicatable results will occur, you cannot trust if a program designed for 1.5 will work under 3.0 etc.   If this is wrong, share away.-Steven Avery (April 06, 2010, 03:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

And as I understand it...and I could be totally wrong here...is that you are not supposed to remove the earlier.Nets. If you have something installed that needs .Net v1 you need that runtime installed & if you have something that needs .Net v2 or v3 you need those runtimes installed as well, i.e. having .Net v3 alone installed will not work for programs needing the earlier runtimes. They are each mutually exclusive.

Carol Haynes:
The question arising is why is Microsoft taking this approach. In ten years time legacy support is going to become a nightmare by the time .Net 93 is installed.

They created enough hell with DLLs now they seem not to have learned any lessons at all!

Darwin:
Hah, hah - good point, Carol. Hadn't considered that... Makes you think!

IainB:
@lanux128: Many thanks for this. Very useful.
I also downloaded a trial of O&O Defrag v12 (I have v6).
By the way,  way I found and fixed an installation problem with O&O Defrg - with a little help from the O&O Helpdesk.    :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version