ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Sagelight Image Editor - pay what you want promo (Apil 2010)

<< < (30/32) > >>

cyberdiva:
I'll have an update out sometime tonight.
-Rob Nelson (January 19, 2011, 04:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Congrats on getting version 4 out, Rob.  I downloaded it, but since I too am running XP w/classic theme, I think I'll wait for the update before installing.  BTW, should I uninstall version 3 first, or can version 4 go right on top of 3?

Rob Nelson:
I'll have an update out sometime tonight.
-Rob Nelson (January 19, 2011, 04:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Congrats on getting version 4 out, Rob.  I downloaded it, but since I too am running XP w/classic theme, I think I'll wait for the update before installing.  BTW, should I uninstall version 3 first, or can version 4 go right on top of 3?
-cyberdiva (January 19, 2011, 06:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks...  It took a little while, and now I am anxious to get to updatin'. ha.

I just updated the software -- I tested it on my XP machine and was able to repeat and fix the issue.  For some reason, XP doesn't want to fade in the bitmap.  So, the tooltips just don't fade in on Windows XP (or anything below vista), but display the same.

Please let me know if there are still any issues.  I was able to test it and get it to work reliably, but it was clearly a timing problem so I want to be sure I got rid of it completely.

It can be found at http://www.sagelighteditor.com/Sagelight4.0.0a.exe (or from the original download -- I just changed the name here because browsers sometimes are not 100% reliable when downloading a previously cached file, even when it is new).  Also, if you just want to download the executable without installing it (just place it over Sagelight.exe in the Sagelight 4 directory), it can be found at http://www.sagelighteditor.com/SagelightExe4.0.0a.exe

With the previous version -- yes, I would uninstall it.  Version 4 installs as Sagelight 4 so as not to overwrite Version 3 for those that don't automatically upgrade to version 4, and it also allows people to try version 4 without overwriting Version 3.

Rob

worstje:
I am not a user, but I just want to say it is awesome how supportive you are of your users. A few days back I took a bit of a gander over your website and the product, and I think that you and Sagelight are an excellent example of the way software is supposed to work. If I hear of family or friends needing a photo-touchup tool, I'll definitely give a pointer towards your product. :)

Keep up the good work.  :Thmbsup:

cyberdiva:
Thanks Rob.  I went ahead and uninstalled version 3 and installed version 4.  I won't have much time to play with it for a while, but I'm delighted to have it.

I might just note that I uninstalled version 3 with Revo Uninstaller Pro, and I was impressed by how clean the uninstall was.  Just a couple of registry entries to zap, nothing more.  What a pleasure!

cranioscopical:
XP doesn't want to fade in the bitmap.  So, the tooltips just don't fade in on Windows XP
-Rob Nelson (May 30, 1970, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
Showing up nicely now. (I started to try the beta, didn't see them, thought it was me and became engulfed by some business stuff before I could dig further.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version