topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:12 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Sagelight Image Editor - pay what you want promo (Apil 2010)  (Read 87647 times)

CWuestefeld

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Sagelight Image Editor - pay what you want promo (Apil 2010)
« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2010, 02:55 PM »
So, I'm thinking about doing quite a few short videos on various feature and putting them up on Youtube.  But, I am wondering what people think on the best way to describe how to use more advanced features in an easy way?

Rob, I found some of the videos you've already created to be quite helpful. Unfortunately it's been long enough that I don't recall the specific attributes that made them work, but I can tell you that the ones on making Thomas Kinkade-like pictures, and about the "undo brush", both stand out in my mind as giving me an "ah-hah!" moment.

I downloaded your videos from YouTube into my media server, then sat down in front of the TV to watch them in comfort. And I think I did get a lot out of it.

But I do know how much work can go into producing one of those videos. I can recall producing one of my own, a demo of a new web site for internal use here at work, and spending an entire day planning out, scripting, and then editing, a single video.

Rob Nelson

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2010, 02:28 PM »
I think I'm the sort of person who would benefit a lot from what you're proposing.  However, I don't think there's a single format that would be best for all kinds of situations.  Sometimes, a video demonstrating what a particular effect is or how someone achieves that effect can be much more effective than written instructions, but at other times written instructions may cover some key points that are passed over too quickly (or just assumed) in a video.  For me, the key element is detail.  I was recently trying to use a piece of software to get a particular effect with graphics.  My attempts were all flawed.  I went to a video that the company had prepared to illustrate how to achieve this effect, but though it showed someone successfully creating what I wanted, it somehow glossed over some of the key steps and was thus of no use to me.  I finally wrote to tech support, and their response spelled out the steps that had not been mentioned anywhere else.  That's what I needed.   So whether it's a video or written instructions, I think the more detailed it is, the better.  (For that reason, I wouldn't think pop-up help would be all that useful.  If it was sufficiently detailed it might turn out to be annoying, popping up every few seconds with another piece of advice.)
[/quote]

I've always learned best by having a general outline and then a specific list of steps that I can then experiment with.  I have tried to write as much help as possible in Sagelight, but I am also the sort of person who doesn't read the instructions in software that I buy!  I am experimenting with the idea of a quick-info sheet where it can be launched for each function with a concise list of features.

Now that Sagelight has been around for a while, I've been able to see what works and what doesn't work, and I am also finding that what works for some people works well, but it isn't necessarily the thing that works for someone else.

So far, I'm finding that the idea of having a little topical '?' button around each function works pretty well, as opposed to having to search for the subject in the help.  I'm also learning that a detailed help discussion isn't as helpful as I'd like.  It becomes a bit of a catch-22 in the sense that the reference needs to be there for as much as possible for when you need it, but to get a general intuitive sense of the function, it's better to keep it short.  But, then, I'm feeling that a lot of the really cool things you can do with this switch or that isn't really explained, either!

So, the video tutorials seem like a good choice, and I'm also finding that, for people who like the video tutorials, this seems to be a great method (as long as I can learn to speak slower, which has been a comment I've received a few times. ha).   But, I'm finding that the video tutorials only works as the best tool for a small percentage of people.  I'm thinking that it might be because they are located on Youtube as opposed to something you can load and view immediately in the software?

One of my main things is what you talked about -- writing tech support about how to do a specific thing in the video.  I get those letters, and I'm always happy to explain how to do something.  But, on the other hand, I want to find a way to get across those basic elements in the video so that it's easier to play with and to mix-and-match components.  As Sagelight grows, that mix-and-match ability grows and grows but can also become more obscure because the dots need to be connects, such as doing one filter and then another, and then mixing them, say, with an overlay blending, and that sort of thing.

What do you think about the idea of video tutorial snippets?  The idea being to do multiple small 1-2 minute detail on a specific aspect of a function, as opposed to a 10-minute video outlining the whole thing?  I agree with you about the issue of detail, but that's when an overall-tutorial starts to become very dry and elongated.

Rob

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2010, 02:39 PM »
I think that video tutorials would be excellent. However I personally like to have a manual that I can refer to when needed. I can't always sit at the computer and read or watch tutorials; certain problems prevent me from sitting in any one position for very long, so I often print out sections of manuals so I can read them, make notes on the parts I really need, etc. and then have that with me when I return to the computer to work on that particular application. I even go as far as to convert Help files into PDF documents so I can print all or portions of them and use them as I need them.

Of course I don’t expect a full blown manual for Sagelight to be written any time soon, but...  if you or anyone else catches the writing bug anytime in the future...  sure would be greatly appreciated here!  :) :P

Thanks!

Jim

Rob Nelson

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2010, 02:45 PM »
So, I'm thinking about doing quite a few short videos on various feature and putting them up on Youtube.  But, I am wondering what people think on the best way to describe how to use more advanced features in an easy way?

Rob, I found some of the videos you've already created to be quite helpful. Unfortunately it's been long enough that I don't recall the specific attributes that made them work, but I can tell you that the ones on making Thomas Kinkade-like pictures, and about the "undo brush", both stand out in my mind as giving me an "ah-hah!" moment.

I downloaded your videos from YouTube into my media server, then sat down in front of the TV to watch them in comfort. And I think I did get a lot out of it.

But I do know how much work can go into producing one of those videos. I can recall producing one of my own, a demo of a new web site for internal use here at work, and spending an entire day planning out, scripting, and then editing, a single video.

ha... I have to admit, I really enjoyed discovering how to do that with the paintings.   I always had mixed emotions putting in the effects because I thought they might distract from the main emphasis of Sagelight (i.e. it might become confused as an attempt at a general editor as opposed to having a focus on image enhancement).  But, when I saw how you can augment a picture by blending filters, I was glad I put them in.

Also, I think the Undo Brush is one of the elements about Sagelight that gets overlooked even though it is one of the 2-3 central concepts in Sagelight that gives it its power.

yes, in terms of producing videos.  They always take longer than you'd think.  I look at later ones vs. earlier ones and I see higher quality, mostly because I have a much faster computer now and can get more frames-per-second.  ha.  I've usually just decided what I want to talk about and record what I do.  Almost none of it is pre-scripted, which makes it more interesting to do, but probably makes it go along faster.  But, each one probably does take about half a day, just for 10 minutes.  Keeping it as short as possible seems to be the most time-consuming element of it!

What do you think about the idea of small videos that detail specific elements of a function as opposed to the whole thing?  For example, as soon as I get this pre-release out, I have a number of videos I'd like to do.  I want to write the help for it, too, but it will be quicker to do some initial videos.

I have been finding that I tend to put a lot of functions and details into one function, so I have a lot of "program within a program" issues going on.  For example, one of the things in the new version is essentially traditional curves, but on top of that I'm hoping to extend the way curves work by adding a Chroma channel on each color space (i.e. RGBC,XYZC,C*I*E LABC, etc. as well as RGB-LCH, C*I*E LCH, etc.), so that's a video.  But in addition to that would be a video detail just how to use the curves box effectively, as I added a number of details to it specifically to make using curves much easier, such as being able to very rapidly switch between curve channels, etc.  Then there is the way I split the (C) channel into two separate components, a curve and a multiplier, etc.  -- all very useful things, and making the ability with the curves very powerful, but only so if those elements are understood.

Thoughts?

Rob

« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 03:14 PM by Rob Nelson »

Rob Nelson

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2010, 02:52 PM »
I think that video tutorials would be excellent. However I personally like to have a manual that I can refer to when needed. I can't always sit at the computer and read or watch tutorials; certain problems prevent me from sitting in any one position for very long, so I often print out sections of manuals so I can read them, make notes on the parts I really need, etc. and then have that with me when I return to the computer to work on that particular application. I even go as far as to convert Help files into PDF documents so I can print all or portions of them and use them as I need them.

Of course I don’t expect a full blown manual for Sagelight to be written any time soon, but...  if you or anyone else catches the writing bug anytime in the future...  sure would be greatly appreciated here!  :) :P

Hi, Jim.

I've always felt that Sagelight has a very large volume of written help.  For example, under the help section there are about 70 detailed entries on the various things in Sagelight, which is a congolomteration of all the help scattered around the editor.  Not that it doesn't need updating, that's for sure.  And with this next version, I'll be doing just that, especially with the newer functions.

Having said that, though, I'm wondering what you would like to see?    Do you mean using Sagelight in a general sense, such as color theory and how certain elements work, or a manual on specific things?  As an extension of what is already there, I've always wanted to write a basic book about image enhancement principles (i.e. how the histogram works, black points and white points, overflows, why color balancing is important, etc.) to go along with Sagelight and that would use Sagelight to demonstrate the principles.

Rob

Rob Nelson

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #130 on: December 15, 2010, 02:59 PM »
Oh, for people who are wondering about the status of the version 4.0 pre-release.

I am ever-so close.  I keep thinking I am closer than I am, and this has primarily due to the SSE2 and SSE4 code because it isn't as easy to functionalize as C++ code.  In fact, it would be great to hear from other programmers on this subject, in terms of semi-functionalizing and making re-usable SSE (i.e. assembly language) code that is written around pipeline cache concerns.

Rob
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 03:03 PM by Rob Nelson »

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2010, 06:54 PM »
Hi, Rob.  It's hard for me to comment on the idea of mini videos.  They might be very useful.  On the other hand, I'm very much a beginner, and it's possible that I'd lack the overall picture that would provide a context for the mini videos.  I suspect, too, that I'm much more of a beginner than many of Sagelight's users.  So what would be helpful for me might not be at all interesting to the majority.  I'd welcome help with understanding/using Curves, as long as the help didn't assume that I understand what you mean when you say you "split the (C) channel into two separate components, a curve and a multiplier."   :)  I also have no idea how a histogram works, nor even how to use layers.  The list of what I don't know is endless.  :(

Rob Nelson

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #132 on: December 16, 2010, 02:48 PM »
Hi, Rob.  It's hard for me to comment on the idea of mini videos.  They might be very useful.  On the other hand, I'm very much a beginner, and it's possible that I'd lack the overall picture that would provide a context for the mini videos.  I suspect, too, that I'm much more of a beginner than many of Sagelight's users.  So what would be helpful for me might not be at all interesting to the majority.  I'd welcome help with understanding/using Curves, as long as the help didn't assume that I understand what you mean when you say you "split the (C) channel into two separate components, a curve and a multiplier."   :)  I also have no idea how a histogram works, nor even how to use layers.  The list of what I don't know is endless.  :(

With most tools, I try to make the default settings and controls work intuitively, so hopefully the idea of doing short videos will show how to expand on an aspect that already has some sort of visceral feel to it. 

The (c) channel and multiplier, for example -- first, that's probably me being very involved in the technical side and using technical terms when I don't need to, since I just spent months working all of that.  But, it points out the issue -- in one sense, the two things I'm referring to are just two sliders that have various effects, so knowing the details of what is going on under the hood can be helpful but isn't required at all to use them. One of the though decisions in Sagelight (especially this next version) has been how much of the technical side to expose.  I want to keep it easy and intuitive, but I don't want to sacrifice ability, either. 

On the other side, just a little information about using the one curves (i.e. the (C)/Chroma curve ) and then using the other slider to nudge the result, I think, can make a pretty big difference, and that would be one of the mini-videos where a longer video might be too much.  But, this can be put into a text-based notes-like list, too, I guess. 

With the histogram and curves.  I think that is another great example -- and probably an example where one could demonstrate what is going on with the histogram, and how it works, in just a couple minutes in a video, where I'm not sure it's easily explained with text unless it includes a lot of graphic examples.  I don't think it's necessary at all to use the histogram in Sagelight (or any editor), but it is definitely a tool -- from a general principles of editing point of view --  that can add a dimension to your editing, at least when you're really looking out for the more subtle issues in your image (such as overexposure, etc.).

Rob

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #133 on: December 16, 2010, 03:06 PM »
Rob, how much of what you're considering documenting is specific to Sagelight? E.g. histogram. Is that not a concept that is fairly widely used, and hence probably already explained somewhere? Or are there unique aspects that need explaining here? If a general "image processing tutorial set" does not already exist, certainly one should be created! But I don't know if I'd nominate you to do it, I'd rather see Sagelight progress faster. ;) Hopefully such a thing exists already and can just be pointed to as an additional/foundational resource.

- Oshyan

Rob Nelson

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #134 on: December 16, 2010, 03:36 PM »
Rob, how much of what you're considering documenting is specific to Sagelight? E.g. histogram. Is that not a concept that is fairly widely used, and hence probably already explained somewhere? Or are there unique aspects that need explaining here? If a general "image processing tutorial set" does not already exist, certainly one should be created! But I don't know if I'd nominate you to do it, I'd rather see Sagelight progress faster. ;) Hopefully such a thing exists already and can just be pointed to as an additional/foundational resource.

- Oshyan

Hi, Oshyan.

Oh, no, I'm not considering the Histogram unique to Sagelight at all.  But, I think that if you're trying to make your program accessible to a certain group, then it's a good idea to discuss fundamentals where they can make difference, like the histogram can, in a way that relates to its better and more intuitive use via your software.

So, I would like to, at some point, do some tutorials on that, curves, and other things so that the things that can make a difference become that much easier to use in Sagelight.  It's all about the creative process for me, and I think some of the basics definitely help in that, and some things that seem distance are only one small "aha moment" (stolen from CWuestefeld) away from being useful.  Plus, I think part of it is that image-enhancement hasn't really been explored in a way that makes it easy, at least not that I've seen -- in fact, there really are a lot of people who like to make image enhancement complicated! ha.   If I knew of some great tutorials, I'd have links on the site and in the software to various things -- If anyone has them, please let me know!  That would be great.

But, I agree with you -- my main motivation right now is to get this release out, so I don't have time for much more right now.  But, I do expect to do quite a few blog posts and videos once I get it out. 

I just ended up in a situation where I have done a tremendous amount of development and am now dealing with how to implement it properly -- so, my hope is that once I get the pre-release out, and it puts me in a position to do multiple releases, it will become more apparent that the wait between versions really did amount to quite a bit of new tools and development.  Fortunately, I am very close to getting this next release out , and I expect to be very busy with release after that.

Now you've got me thinking.  I really would like to get some tutorials on things like the histogram and curves.  Know of any good ones?

Rob

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #135 on: December 16, 2010, 03:41 PM »
I don't really know of any good tutorial resources out there, but then I've usually been the kind of person who just starts using an app and muddles my way through. Consequently I've become pretty good at that, though I think it does bias me away from manuals and tutorials perhaps too much at times. But anyway I think such a resource *should* exist already, almost has to. I just don't know where. Hopefully someone else does.

By the way I totally feel your pain about longer-than-expected dev time. Not only is that a classic thing with software dev in general, but I have personal experience with it, not as a dev, but as a principle in another software company that has had its share of release deadline creep. :D

- Oshyan

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #136 on: January 17, 2011, 05:19 AM »
and v4 (Part 1) pre-release beta is now out!  :)

Details HERE

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2011, 06:29 AM »
October 31, 2010

Version 4 is just around the corner, but has been delayed by a few factors.  A lot of the delay has been a lot of the technology developed late in the process. I felt it was worth the wait, and I will have a pre-release out very shortly.

When 4.0 is released, Sagelight will go up to $79.95 in price, with an eventual price increase after that.

Until the next version is released, you can get get a lifetime version for just $39.95 (click here). There will be a pre-release of the new version in just a few days.
-Sagelight
and v4 (Part 1) pre-release beta is now out!  

Rob Nelson

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2011, 03:46 PM »
By the way I totally feel your pain about longer-than-expected dev time. Not only is that a classic thing with software dev in general, but I have personal experience with it, not as a dev, but as a principle in another software company that has had its share of release deadline creep.

Oops... I didn't realize you answered my last post. 

The weird thing is that I've heard about things like that before, too, even with other image editors.  But, it wasn't until I was really in the middle of it why I understood why these things can happen.  In my case, there were a few factors, one of the biggest being a business partnership issue.  But, beyond that, one of the main factors has been just how complicated everything has gotten.   What I'm seeing is that as a software project gets bigger and bigger -- and, more realistically, the growth of expectations and professional-level quality factors -- the more it adds on to the development time.

It wasn't just things working together in a more complex fashion, but also an increase in the level of performance that was dictated by the product growth itself.  So, instead of taking a few hours on one thing, for example, now it's a day to make sure it's done the way it needs to be (like writing an SSE 4 version of a routine that was only written in SSE2 in the last version).

The biggest issue (and really, an error in judgement on my part) was taking the engine apart so that I couldn't to partial releases until I put it back together.  So, I won't be doing that again. ha.

Rob

Rob Nelson

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2011, 03:50 PM »
and v4 (Part 1) pre-release beta is now out! 

Hi, Curt (and everyone).

Well, I am pleased to say that I have Version 4.0 out as a general download.  It can be found at www.sagelighteditor.com/Sagelight4.0.0.exe

It will install as the full version (if licensed) or as a trial.  There is more information at sagelighteditor.wordpress.com

This is Part 1 of 3 releases for version 4.  This is the major one, and 2 and 3 are more minor, 2 being the quicker of the two, including more RAW updates and some things that I couldn't get in this release.   I'm doing it this way to keep it all in version 4, to keep the price lower until I raise it once it is all out (as opposed to moving into version 5 and 6 more quickly).

Well, anyway, I hope you like it. 

Rob

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2011, 04:13 PM »
Congrats on getting this out! I'm playing with it for the first time now as I didn't have time to do so with the pre-release. Looking good overall. I can see some areas that need a little polish (or maybe just aren't working quite right?) like tooltips for all the various buttons so I know what they do. But in general I find your approach to e.g. color and exposure correction to be one of the best I've found. Nice work.

One other little niggle: the installer is pretty clunky! Changing path, for example, doesn't allow me to tell it not to install itself in a "19th parallel" subfolder in both the Program Files and Start Menu, both of which are pet peeves of mine, hehe. The installer itself also looks rather outdated. Not sure if that's just because it's been put together quickly, or if you really are using an older or self-built installer. If the latter is the case I highly recommend switching to a more modern and standardized installer like InnoSetup or NSIS (both free).

Congrats again and great work. :)

- Oshyan

Rob Nelson

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2011, 04:24 PM »
Hi, Oshyan.

Thanks... About the tooltips -- can you tell me more about what you mean?  every button, switch, and slider has a tooltip, so if you're not seeing them I would appreciate an example so I can test it out.   I think there may be an issue where they disappear quickly, as the way it works right now, the mouse has to be still for the tip to display, but the disappears on any mousemovement -- I should fix that to have a cushion.

With the installer -- yes, it is very outdated.  It was (and is) on the things to revamp, but I wanted to make sure to get this version out first (i.e. the functional part).   I think just shrinking the fonts in the installer would make it look better.  I've finally figured out the rule-of-thumb that the smaller things (icons, text buttons, etc.) the more professional they seem to look and very much vice-versa.  But, either, way I very much agree that it is outdated.  I'll check into the path issue with it insisting that it be under 19th Parallel.... I don't remember, either way, but if that's what it is doing I'll make sure it doesn't to that on the next release.

Rob

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2011, 04:31 PM »
I don't get any tooltips at all. Must be a bug. I'm running Windows XP with the "classic" theme. I find that can cause problems with some apps at times. Are you using a GUI framework of any kind, or custom-built?

- Oshyan

Rob Nelson

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2011, 04:42 PM »
hmm... I was thinking that you might be running XP.   I changed the way the tooltips work to fade in and out with a nice backdrop and shadow.

I'll work that out tonight.  If I can't fix it, then I will just default to the old-style when XP is running.  For Vista and Windows 7 users it shouldn't be a problem (works fine for me on all of the computers I tested on).  With XP, it might just be the classic theme -- a) I routinely fail to test with the classic theme under Windows XP (the tooltips work just fine with the class theme under Wndows 7), b) the classic theme (you mean the utilitarian metallic look, right?) under XP constantly has GUI compatibility problems with anything you do outside of the standard GUI calls (i.e. oldstyle buttons, etc), and c) A lot of people run that theme, so thanks for finding that.

I'll have an update out sometime tonight.

Rob

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #144 on: January 19, 2011, 04:53 PM »
Thanks, great support. I run Win7 at home, it's just here in the office where we have XP on a number of machines still. I'll test on 7 tonight to confirm.

- Oshyan

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #145 on: January 19, 2011, 06:20 PM »

Congrats on getting version 4 out, Rob.  I downloaded it, but since I too am running XP w/classic theme, I think I'll wait for the update before installing.  BTW, should I uninstall version 3 first, or can version 4 go right on top of 3?

Rob Nelson

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2011, 03:23 AM »

Congrats on getting version 4 out, Rob.  I downloaded it, but since I too am running XP w/classic theme, I think I'll wait for the update before installing.  BTW, should I uninstall version 3 first, or can version 4 go right on top of 3?

Thanks...  It took a little while, and now I am anxious to get to updatin'. ha.

I just updated the software -- I tested it on my XP machine and was able to repeat and fix the issue.  For some reason, XP doesn't want to fade in the bitmap.  So, the tooltips just don't fade in on Windows XP (or anything below vista), but display the same.

Please let me know if there are still any issues.  I was able to test it and get it to work reliably, but it was clearly a timing problem so I want to be sure I got rid of it completely.

It can be found at http://www.sagelight.../Sagelight4.0.0a.exe (or from the original download -- I just changed the name here because browsers sometimes are not 100% reliable when downloading a previously cached file, even when it is new).  Also, if you just want to download the executable without installing it (just place it over Sagelight.exe in the Sagelight 4 directory), it can be found at http://www.sagelight...gelightExe4.0.0a.exe

With the previous version -- yes, I would uninstall it.  Version 4 installs as Sagelight 4 so as not to overwrite Version 3 for those that don't automatically upgrade to version 4, and it also allows people to try version 4 without overwriting Version 3.

Rob
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 03:25 AM by Rob Nelson »

worstje

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • The Gent with the White Hat
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2011, 04:31 AM »
I am not a user, but I just want to say it is awesome how supportive you are of your users. A few days back I took a bit of a gander over your website and the product, and I think that you and Sagelight are an excellent example of the way software is supposed to work. If I hear of family or friends needing a photo-touchup tool, I'll definitely give a pointer towards your product. :)

Keep up the good work.  :Thmbsup:

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2011, 10:48 AM »
Thanks Rob.  I went ahead and uninstalled version 3 and installed version 4.  I won't have much time to play with it for a while, but I'm delighted to have it.

I might just note that I uninstalled version 3 with Revo Uninstaller Pro, and I was impressed by how clean the uninstall was.  Just a couple of registry entries to zap, nothing more.  What a pleasure!

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2011, 11:09 AM »
XP doesn't want to fade in the bitmap.  So, the tooltips just don't fade in on Windows XP
Showing up nicely now. (I started to try the beta, didn't see them, thought it was me and became engulfed by some business stuff before I could dig further.)