ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Sagelight Image Editor - pay what you want promo (Apil 2010)

<< < (25/32) > >>

dcm:
I too, paid for a lifetime license, and since I had an earlier version, Rob kindly refunded me half the price.

But the key still hasn't arrived after 8 days.  I wonder if the automated key mailer is working properly.

Hope I get it soon!

Rob Nelson:
Hi all.

Thanks for the responses.  

With the price -- yes, it's not going to change tomorrow.  I'm wanting to get this pre-release out and then start work immediately on the next one to supplement it, and then work on the price.  So, it wouldn't be for at at least 2-3 weeks before I'd think about it.

I'm really getting excited to get this release out, so I am working pretty hard on it right now so I can get the new set of developments moving and write about them on the blog and post some videos.  

In fact, that was a topic I was thinking about posting on here:  I am sure this is an issue with a lot of software, especially when you don't have the budget of someone like adobe, Corel, or whoever.  The thing is that a lot of the new features are really powerful, but as that happens (with any software), it becomes a task to keep it as simple as you'd like.  So, I'm thinking about doing quite a few short videos on various feature and putting them up on Youtube.  But, I am wondering what people think on the best way to describe how to use more advanced features in an easy way?  Videos, popup-up help, straight-out instructions?  For example, a lot of people don't really understand what the histogram does, but once that hurdle is crossed, it suddenly becomes a very useful feature!

Curt:  The e-mail server was down.  I took care of it.  Sorry for the delay
dcm:  I've sent the registration code out a number of times.  I just sent it again, and I sent you a personal e-mail the other day.  I think that maybe you aren't getting my e-mails?  I am getting yours, so if you didn't get the message I just sent again with the registration code, please send me an alternative e-mail, or even your phone number, as I do want to make sure it is taken care of.

Rob

J-Mac:
I purchased Sagelight in September - full-price; not the Gizmo promotion - but I cannot remember if it is a lifetime license. I had thought that it was but I can't find anything that says so now. Rob, were previous full-price licenses considered lifetime?

Thanks!

Jim

mwb1100:
I want to buy a copy, but I would like to put it off as long as possible
-cthorpe (December 06, 2010, 06:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
heh... this is how I operate, too.  Sometimes I miss out on stuff, though.

But, I manage to get by.

cyberdiva:
  So, I'm thinking about doing quite a few short videos on various feature and putting them up on Youtube.  But, I am wondering what people think on the best way to describe how to use more advanced features in an easy way?  Videos, popup-up help, straight-out instructions?  For example, a lot of people don't really understand what the histogram does, but once that hurdle is crossed, it suddenly becomes a very useful feature!
-Rob Nelson (December 06, 2010, 10:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
I think I'm the sort of person who would benefit a lot from what you're proposing.  However, I don't think there's a single format that would be best for all kinds of situations.  Sometimes, a video demonstrating what a particular effect is or how someone achieves that effect can be much more effective than written instructions, but at other times written instructions may cover some key points that are passed over too quickly (or just assumed) in a video.  For me, the key element is detail.  I was recently trying to use a piece of software to get a particular effect with graphics.  My attempts were all flawed.  I went to a video that the company had prepared to illustrate how to achieve this effect, but though it showed someone successfully creating what I wanted, it somehow glossed over some of the key steps and was thus of no use to me.  I finally wrote to tech support, and their response spelled out the steps that had not been mentioned anywhere else.  That's what I needed.   So whether it's a video or written instructions, I think the more detailed it is, the better.  (For that reason, I wouldn't think pop-up help would be all that useful.  If it was sufficiently detailed it might turn out to be annoying, popping up every few seconds with another piece of advice.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version