ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Sagelight Image Editor - pay what you want promo (Apil 2010)

<< < (5/32) > >>

tomos:
Interesting range of licenses.
On the HF website, they have a 12 month license for $20 and an unlimited lifetime license for $75.
The 50% off BdJ offer ($37.50) gives you free upgrades until the next major version. That might, of course, mean a lifetime ;D
-Dormouse (April 10, 2010, 11:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

The 12 month license reverts to 'demo mode' after your time is up (what exactly demo mode is, I dont know)
I presume (hope) "free upgrades until the next major version" does NOT revert to demo mode at any stage

Also, (probably more importantly) there's a beta of version 5 out, so the next major upgrade is presumably going to be very soon... (current version being 4.9.something I believe [can anyone confirm that current Helicon Filter is not yet at version 5?]

cyberdiva:
I am happy with my six dollar Sagelight :-) but after trialing Helicon Filter 5 I am certainly going to take the offer on Monday, as well. What an easy way to make fine pictures!  :up:
-Curt (April 10, 2010, 05:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
Curt, what do you like about Helicon Filter 5 that you really want but can't get with Sagelight?  I took advantage of the Sagelight offer, and now you've got me curious.  I think this forum is turning out to be hazardous to my bank account  ;) .

Curt:
too many questions to answer... Helicon can be trialed for 30 days without any limitations. The version from BdJ is 5.0 beta. Version 4.93.2 is FREE :-)

http://www.heliconsoft.com/filter_downloads.html

tomos:
Helicon can be trialed without any limitations for 30 days. The version from BdJ is 5.0 beta.
-Curt (April 10, 2010, 03:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

ahh, that probably (again: hopefully) means free upgrades till version #6 ...

Curt, what do you like about Helicon Filter 5 that you really want but can't get with Sagelight?
-cyberdiva (April 10, 2010, 03:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

@ Cyberdiva
I know I'm not Curt  :)
but I would be tempted by the BDJ offer because Helicon Filter is:
much easier to use when you want to modify more than one image
has noise reduction
it's also probably much easier to use if you're a more basic user (but dont let that put you off if you're a more advanced user)

If I wanted to modify just a couple of images, especially if I really wanted to modify them as opposed to 'just' correcting the image, Sagelight would be my choice

hth, Tom

cyberdiva:
Thanks very much, Curt and Tomos.  Tomos, I'm a pretty basic user, I think.  Curt, thanks for pointing out that there's a free version as well.  I've now downloaded both the free version and the one from BdJ.  Not sure which one I'll try first.  Ah, so many options, so little time.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version