ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Sagelight Image Editor - pay what you want promo (Apil 2010)

<< < (4/32) > >>

tomos:
Well, I had a little go at it last night - it's a very nice progamme, it reminds me of Helicon Filter, which (free version) I also tried out for the first time within the last week.
I think I'd prefer this to Helicon Filter if just working on a very small number of images,

Some comparisions: Sagelight (SL) with Helicon Filter (HF) - Disclaimer: remember these are first impressions (please correct me if I wrong anywhere!)

~ Both are easy to use - just mess around and see what happens!
~ Both have a split pane view - original & current modification; in SL one-click shows you the original image at any time no matter the view
~ SL has the better rotate image - simply cause there is a grid overlaid - no guides in HF
~ SL has the 'Undo Brush' so you can selectively undo any of the effects
~ HF has noise reduction - cant find any in SL [I just found a 'Smooth Skin/Image' edit which = Noise Reduction, preview of effect doesnt allow you to zoom in though, so you cant really see effect unless you apply it... - a confusing interface here with changes shown 'live', and also a 'Preview Selection' setting which has the limitation as described in strikethrough text combined with: I not sure what exactly it's previewing ]
~ HF will correct chromatic abberation (have not tried) and you can adjust for a certain amount of lens distortion or from incorrect angle of image (skew etc)
~ SL - there doesnt seem to be a way of having a folder of images visible as thumbnails | with HF you can open a folder & select images, or even batch process (for what that's worth)
~ oddly, Sagelight does not have one shortcut key - not even Ctrl+O or Ctrl+S - that would drive me crazy if I wanted to work on a lot of pics (also have to use window open dialogue to find your pics)

[edit] added SL noise reduction [/edit]
[edit] corrected SL noise reduction info [/edit]

Lutz_:
I believeTomos assessment is right on.   Helicon Filter seems to be the much more mature program (and the UI is more straightforward), but Sagelight sees a lot of quick progress and has some excellent tools.

mwb1100:
FWIW (I know nothing about the program except that it was mentioned in this thread), Helicon Filter will be 50% off  ($37.50) on Bits du Jour in 3 days (12 April 2010):

- http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/helicon-filter/

Curt:
I am happy with my six dollar Sagelight :-) but after trialing Helicon Filter 5 I am certainly going to take the offer on Monday, as well. What an easy way to make fine pictures!  :up:

Dormouse:
I am happy with my six dollar Sagelight :-) but after trialing Helicon Filter 5 I am certainly going to take the offer on Monday, as well. What an easy way to make fine pictures!  :up:
-Curt (April 10, 2010, 05:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Interesting range of licenses.
On the HF website, they have a 12 month license for $20 and an unlimited lifetime license for $75.
The 50% off BdJ offer ($37.50) gives you free upgrades until the next major version. That might, of course, mean a lifetime ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version