ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Sagelight Image Editor - pay what you want promo (Apil 2010)

<< < (16/32) > >>

CWuestefeld:
Rob, thank you very much for the update. I'm really very glad to hear that you're still around, and that things are progressing -- if a bit slowly than you and the rest of the community might wish.

But, I do have to concentrate on the public side of it, because sales (i.e. income) is the thing that enables the development
-Rob Nelson (September 23, 2010, 01:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

I agree completely. But let me suggest that it's extremely important that your potential customers see this as an ongoing concern. If it looks like everything is "lights out", nobody's going to want to sink their money into that dead end. And for your existing customers too: their word-of-mouth ought to be an important marketing tool for you, so keeping them feeling like they're spending their time in a product (and community) with great future potential is essential. Your presence is necessary for all that.

Even if you were to just post to the forum every day or two a couple of sentences, something like "Today I'm working on the new vibrance enhancements, but it's taking longer than I'd hoped because I need to optimize the code to get it to the point where it's still comfortable to interact with." [1] Even if you told people you wouldn't have time to respond or add any more detail, just the fact that (a) you're seen to be there and active, and (b) the topic is progress on the new version would be a big help. Your users and potential customers would feel anticipation rather than anxiety.

For what it's worth, I'm using Sagelight for most of my image editing needs lately, and I really am looking forward to your upcoming version. Once you're ready, I hope to see you back here with the announcement.

[1] I made that up. It's probably not true, but seems typical of what might go on.

Darwin:
Great to hear from you Rob and welcome to DC  :Thmbsup:

A quick question about lifetime licenses - are all existing licenses "liftetime" or only those sold during a specific period?

Curt:
...are all existing licenses "lifetime" or only those sold during a specific period?
-Darwin (September 23, 2010, 01:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know but expect gizmo's edition really was an "exclusive edition" - there is no longer a version called by this name. Anyway, the lifetime site doesn't offer Sagelight, but has a link to buy it via the developer's site, at only $40 - apparently for a lifetime license, but the word "lifetime" is not used.

http://www.sagelighteditor.com/purchase.html
http://www.lifetimeupgrades.com/index.php?a=prog&os=windows&cat=graphic-apps&subcat=editors&det=sagelight-48bit-image-editor-trial

J-Mac:
I just went ahead and purchased Sagelight based on Rob's post. See - taking the time for that got you at least one new purchase/user, Rob!

I had passed when the Gizmo version was available; the UI really doesn’t impress me at all. Very non-intuitive compared to the various other editors I have used. But... the results look great and since I presently don’t have an editor that I feel is worth a darn I figured I would try to tolerate the UI since the product is great otherwise.   :)

I realize that's not the most lifting review of Sagelight but I felt I had to tell it like I see it.

Thanks!

Jim

J-Mac:
BTW, having just purchased Sagelight I sure do hope that this is the Lifetime licensed version. Doesn’t say anything about that in the registration email, nor in the About screen. Actually the About screen doesn’t even mention that it is a licensed version at all. (Doesnt say it is a trial version either at least...)

Thank you.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version