ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Revitalizing the Reviews - Everyone Read in Please

<< < (7/9) > >>

superboyac:
To bring this thread back on topic...
Mouser, for those of us planning on doing some in-depth reviews, what's the best way to submit them?  For example, if I were to do a long, detailed review, I don't want to type it all up in this forum's posting box.  So, should I do it in a Word document or something, organized and formatted just right?  Or should I use some special format that is DC-worthy?  I don't want to give you something and make more work for you, by having to reformat and change fonts, etc.  So if you tell me beforehand, we can all learn the "proper" submission process.

mouser:
great question.
since we are trying to improve the layout, i have asked reviewers to simply write their reviews in anything they like, word, notepad, etc. but do NOT do any formatting.  ie dont bold, center, justify,etc. take screenshots but either just add them simply to the text or just add a link like [screenshot1.gif goes here].  do not use hard linebreaks to format text to 78 characters, use a text editor that supports wordwrap.

in other words, write it in something that will make it easier for us to format for final output when we determine the final output formats.

superboyac:
Sounds good, I guess I will simply write it in my favorite text editor.

Edvard:
Maybe post a css and those who are willing can write the generic html. That way you control what gets bold, center, etc. and we just provide the raw ingredients. Doable? or too complicated?

mouser:
i think we still first have to make more fundamental decision about whether we want to present the reviews using some kind of content management system or something that would handle things like presenting it in multiple pages or one page for printing, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version