ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Deceitful Software Awards

<< < (2/3) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Shameful behavior aside... ;)

This is a major part of why I've decided to do any future software releases through DC - Good, Bad, or Indifferent the answers are always honest.

MilesAhead:
I wonder how downloaders would react if there were no stars on the badges("Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!") but just the "spyware free" emblem?  The virus paranoia is so high I think many people want an easy way to stick something on there that says the downloads are not infected.

The other thing that strikes me curious is the preponderance of software reviewers/testers/spyware checkers with names like Mortimer Slotnik(sorry Mortimer if you are really out there. I just made up a name.)  I mean, it should at least be a hot Asian babe named Lotus Knowts or something.

KynloStephen66515:
Shameful behavior aside... ;)

This is a major part of why I've decided to do any future software releases through DC - Good, Bad, or Indifferent the answers are always honest.
-Stoic Joker (April 05, 2010, 05:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good thinking batman :Thmbsup:

Mark0:
This thread reminded that I had already promised myself to get rid of those "awards" when the previous thread was posted!
So, better late than never, I deleted them!  :Thmbsup:

MilesAhead:
The only ones I have left on my site are on the ActiveX page.  Only used by programmers anyway. I could delete 'em, but the graphic breaks up the text.

They have inertia on their side if nothing else. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version