ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 8 Requests

(1/9) > >>

zridling:

It might get noticed by someone, and it's never too early in the beta stage to ask for your most requested change or improvement in the next version of Windows.

Mine? End sudden forced reboots by Windows Update's autoupdates.

lujomu:
Systm wide speel and gramar cheker

CleverCat:
Don't you get a choice to reboot now or later as in XP?

Deozaan:
Windows 7 never forces me to reboot. Windows Updates that require a reboot will tell me I need to reboot, but just have a nag popup I can "dismiss" for up to 4 hours at a time.

My biggest complaint recently is the dismal file transfer speeds. It takes forever to copy/move files from one place to another! It shouldn't take 2 minutes to copy 50MB!

nudone:
My biggest complaint recently is the dismal file transfer speeds. It takes forever to copy/move files from one place to another! It shouldn't take 2 minutes to copy 50MB!
-Deozaan (April 02, 2010, 02:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
that's got to be annoying. there's something weird going on with your machine - could it be related to the same problem vista had when it first came out? i never had the problem so i don't know what the solution was/is.

as for an "8" reqest: bring back the old xp taskbar (as an option) so i don't have to use several fixes and work arounds to get the same thing on "7". whoever designed the "7" taskbar obviously only runs a couple of programs at a time - or they just use their mac instead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version