ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

First iPad Reviews Are In

<< < (2/12) > >>

Renegade:
The tablet form factor has failed numerous times in the past. Let's see what kind of orgy the Apple marketing department and the fanboys can whip the masses into though. ;) I'm sure they'll do well. :) (I'd rather have an iPad than a MacBook.)

I am waiting to see what happens with the Microsoft Courier - looks sweet.
-Darwin (April 02, 2010, 11:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

WOW! Now THAT looks like a seriously cool little tool! I've been hoping that a digital book would come out, and that looks like it!

y0himba:
Oh look, yet another iFad.  I am sure all the iClones will need one to show everyone else they have one.  I love how the media frenzy is manipulated to make this thing look useful.  The media coverage of this reminds me of the movie "Idiocracy".  They stand in line for a day, get the device, unbox it, then show everyone else they have it.  That's the only thing the iPad is useful for, showing others you have the latest media mentioned 'it' device.

Wait, there is yet another use for the iPad:

Dormouse:
Microsoft Courier
-Darwin (April 02, 2010, 11:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

And the comments section has people reflecting my own concerns rather than the hype on Ars Technica comments on the iPad.

I can't see the point of a device that is too big to be really portable and doesn't have the functionality of a laptop or notebook. And which doesn't have good battery life. The Courier seems better than the iPad for portability, but I still can't see it having a decent battery life but better than a phone or netbook for email, reading, maps etc. So long as it's instant startup.

nudone:
i don't think we are going to see anything really great until we get the flexible colour screen - something like the courier but without the hinge breaking the viewing area into two sections. can't be that far off can it? that really would revolutionise portable devices.

as for the iPad, they are going to be truly rubbish compared with the clones that come out.

Darwin:
The Skiff appears to utilitze a flexible colour screen. I'm REALLY wanting an e-Book reader, but I don't want to buy one *just* yet - I want to see what happens with the Courier (which I think looks brilliant) and with the next generation of eBook readers. HP's Slate looks promising, too, albeit a bit thick for my liking. But then it is a full tablet (ie a proper computer running Win7).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version