ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

First iPad Reviews Are In

(1/12) > >>

mouser:
The Gizmodo website sums up the early iPad reviews and they are quite positive..

The iPad is not a laptop. It's not nearly as good for creating stuff. On the other hand, it's infinitely more convenient for consuming it - books, music, video, photos, Web, e-mail and so on. For most people, manipulating these digital materials directly by touching them is a completely new experience - and a deeply satisfying one.

--- End quote ---

http://gizmodo.com/5506824/first-ipad-reviews-are-in

Eóin:
There's already a rather... shall we say critical thread for the iPad so I'm not going to go down that road.

One of the main selling points of the device is media consumption. And I do appreciate it's abilites there but I also think it over stepped it's mark by sacrificing too much portability. The iPhone couldn't fill that purpose properly because it only had a 480x320 resolution, but at the moment my HD2 has a 800x480 4.3" screen. So it's fantastic for browsing the web, full web that is not sites optimized for mobiles. Also eBooks work great and PDFs, though not perfect, are very readable.

I'm not suggesting that such a phone is up the iPad standards for those purposes but the fact that I can fit my phone in my jeans means I always have it with me.

TomTrottier:
Not very FLASHy tho..... YouTube ==> SomeOneElseTube

zridling:
To do anything with it, it appears you'll have to pay for every little page view. I'm cheap. I pay for online access, but not for content. I don't need rupert murdoch's insanity for that.

Darwin:
I am waiting to see what happens with the Microsoft Courier - looks sweet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version