ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

WinPatrol PLUS at 50% off until April 7

(1/3) > >>

cyberdiva:
Just found this offer in Bill Pytlovany's blog: http://billpstudios.blogspot.com/.  I think VERY highly of WinPatrol PLUS--it's one of the first programs I install on any Windows-based computer.  Also, once you've bought the PLUS version (which at 50% off is $14.95, I think), you have a license for life.  You never have to pay for upgrades.   :Thmbsup:

Dormouse:
I think VERY highly of WinPatrol PLUS
-cyberdiva (March 29, 2010, 01:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed.
I think VERY highly of Bill too. Feels so much nicer to buy software when you fully approve of the developer.
Has to be a good deal at 50% off.

Carol Haynes:
If you want a direct link to the blog go to http://billpstudios.blogspot.com/

cyberdiva:
Oops, my bad.   :-[  I thought I had pickup up the URL from Bill's blog, but instead I simply used my RSS feed URL.  I think I'll change my original posting so that people don't scratch their heads wondering what's going on.  Thanks, Carol, for catching this error.

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

WinPatrol Plus is a very handy program, since it covers such a wide range of placements, more thoroughly than other startup programs.

e.g. Today I helped a friend to read his BHO page (IE Helpers).  Similar stuff for the Windows Scheduler, Active X, etc. all in one place, easy read.  The great strength of WPP is this security aspect. As a startup program controller, there are more elegant, as a security overview of startup, WinPatrolPlus is really kewl.

For warnings, the Plus is far more real-time than the polling of the non-Plus, so if you are going to have the program, Plus is proper.  (Plus the support for BillP.) 

I am not sure how extensively the warnings are triggered, since the only issue is startup.  Right now I get warnings from these programs, WinPatrolPlus, AnVir Task Manager (when I have it loaded), Avira anti-virus, Online Armor, and Zemana.  On a warning level AnVir is surprisingly robust, Avira is not popping up much since it is simply virus oriented and I handle email on my own, Online Armor is the mainstay, Zemana is an auxiliary trial emphasizing keylogger, screenread, etc with a neat log.  And WinPatrolPlus (Scotty) which I probably should note closer how it works.

Shalom,
Steven

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version