topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 3:47 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Question - Does anyone know of such a program? - Data organizer  (Read 24525 times)

sazzen

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Question - Does anyone know of such a program? - Data organizer
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 03:14 PM »
TreePad X Enterprise.  No. Do not confuse it with the Treepad freebie. Check it out here:  http://www.treepad.com/treepadx/index_su.html

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2010, 03:34 PM »
There is c-organizer pro [...]
Moreover, you can synchronize your C-Organizer Appointments, Tasks, Contacts and Notes with your Pocket PC or Palm devices!

I like my Palm T3 a lot and use it all the time.  But I don't see what future it has, because Palm abandoned their users.  They didn't make a desktop that allows the T3 to synch with Vista (or Win7, presumably).  The Palm TX desktop doesn't synch with Win98SE (that's on my old laptop and does synch with T3), so even if I had a TX, I have no way of transferring to it from the T3, and besides, I hear the TX screen doesn't last long.  So, Palm synch looks an illusory benefit.  Shame, because I would really like handheld compatibility.

ha14

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2010, 02:18 PM »
Hi Rjbull
What about Intellisync (Pumatech, Inc.) to sync your palms with windows, I think you can use it with windows 98. Did you tried with c-organizer and what happened?

Well palm had to evolve with the market and now most people likes a mobile pda!! less wants only pda, so palm os should evolve in the right direction furnishing an uptodate OS, but with palm pre is also possible to use palm old application by installing an emulator such as classic. Even Zodiac is not optimized, new games needs a better OS that renders high definition game play, well apparently this is where is going most applications are easy to get it done but game player on palm mobile wants more. Palm OS had an easy use interface and still I like it. Also no one is forced to let down Treo, companies has to evolve with the market, even that windows 98 is simpler no one will go now to windows 98!!!!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 02:25 PM by ha14 »

tsaint

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Hi from the a*** end of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2010, 06:55 PM »
Would a (messy) solution to palm syncing be to run a virtualized o/s (eg using sun virtualbox) that works with palm syncing and set up a shared folder with the host o/s?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 06:57 PM by tsaint »

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2010, 02:41 PM »
@ha14:  I think Pumatech must have disappeared; can't find a Web site.  The main hits for Intellisync seem to be related to Nokia, presumably specific to them, unless I'm barking up the wrong tree entirely?

@tsaint:  Your solution sounds scarily technical, but it seems the problem may not, after all, be the OS as such.  Loading the Palm TX (Palm 6?) Desktop allows a one-way sync from Palm T3 to PC, but opening the Desktop gives blank entries.  I am told that Palm changed the database format between T3 and TX, which is why the Desktop won't show anything.  You'd think they would have added a conversion program  :(  It puts Palm on my black list of companies whose products I won't buy in future.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2010, 03:58 PM »
@rjbull

You might want to look at Pimlical (www.pimlicosoftware.com)
I'm using that to sync both an old IIIx and a relatively new Pal Pre to Palm desktop 6.2.2.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2010, 02:41 PM »
You might want to look at Pimlical (www.pimlicosoftware.com)
I'm using that to sync both an old IIIx and a relatively new Pal Pre to Palm desktop 6.2.2.
-cranioscopical (May 11, 2010, 03:58 PM)

I e-mailed Pimlico back in January.  Their reply to me reads, in part:

If you are using 64-bit Vista, you can only sync via Bluetooth. If you have 32-bit Vista, you should be able to get at least part of synching working
with the V-6.2 Palm Desktop although you may have a problem with the contacts database as the T3 has an older format for the database.

I have 32-bit, so don't have to bother with Bluetooth, but the part about database formats sounded a problem.  Do you mean that not only can you sync, but the 6.2 Desktop will correctly show you the contents, let you edit them, and sync back to the PDAs?

ha14

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2010, 10:19 AM »
For intellysinc
http://www.handango....917&platformId=1

Possible you can find it also in amazon.com

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2010, 02:36 PM »
For intellysinc

Thanks - got it now.  Looks like this is going to take some effort, though!

ha14

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2010, 10:27 AM »
Hi, There is also CompanionLink software that support also for syncing purpose of some data, have look at it
http://www.companionlink.com/index.html