Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 26, 2014, 06:14:23 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2011! Download 30+ custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: How to repair BROWSEINFO lpbi ?  (Read 2624 times)
Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 28, 2010, 06:17:25 AM »

More and more programs are crashing on me when I navigate them to a folder in Vista and click 'open'. Until now no program has told me why they crashed, but finally Microsoft AutoCollage told something about the reason: "error detail:
System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.Shell32.SHBrowseForFolder(BROWSEINFO lpbi)".
Whatever that means.

Does any one have a clue?
And maybe even an idea on how to fix this?

---
- no, I don't have an installation-CD to "repair Vista" with.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 06:19:30 AM by Curt » Logged
hpearce
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 08:58:38 AM »

I assume you googled http://www.google.com/sea...amp;ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Windows 7 SP1 (TM) Home Premium 64-bit .. Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26 GHz / 2.27 GHz .. 4GB RAM .. NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS .. Gateway P-7805u FX
Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 11:42:59 AM »

- yes, but they seemed all to be for software authors.
At least  I didn't understand any of it.

The closest I came was the answer to a related but not identical problem:

A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft, but it is only intended to correct the problem that this article describes. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. To resolve this problem, contact Microsoft Product $upport $ervices to obtain the hotfix.

Somewhere somehow I get the impression that the error has to do with .NET Framework. Only thing is, my Frameworks (1.1 and 3.5 SP1) have apparently not been changed recently.
hpearce
Charter Member

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 02:30:42 PM »

that was my impression too

Windows 7 SP1 (TM) Home Premium 64-bit .. Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26 GHz / 2.27 GHz .. 4GB RAM .. NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS .. Gateway P-7805u FX
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 03:50:22 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if it's caused by some buggy 3rd-party explorer shell extension.

- carpe noctem
Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 05:16:21 PM »

- you made me uninstall '1-abc.net Right Click Configurator' at once, f0dder, but to no avail. But of course there are "many" others to test, before I can say if you're right.
Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 05:23:36 PM »

Another post somewhere also gave me the idea that it all may be due to filenames being too long because some unwanted 'changes' may have been implemented. Is there something that can make Windows no longer accept 256 characters (or is it 264, or whatever number) in drive+directory+folder+folder+filename?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 05:31:26 PM by Curt » Logged
bleh75
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 05:27:28 PM »

Hmm not sure but if you dont find a fix try http://www.vistax64.com/  
I think they have a 32 bit forum also.They are very helpful there Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us