ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to watch folders and perform certain actions automatically?

<< < (4/4)

superboyac:
I was asked by a client a year ago to make a SERVICE that watch
a directory for zip files and opens them
Dose that help ?
If it is interesting to any one i mite do a product out of that.
(I have a variant of the program that is not a SERVICE)
-limelect (April 12, 2010, 01:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, this sounds interesting!  If you are willing to add features and stuff to it, I think it could do everything we're asking for here.  Watch directories, automatically extract files (zip, rar, multiple formats), options to tell the program what to do with the files once extracted, etc.

ganrad:
Great!
I would love to have an option that asks me - upon a file download/creation - as to where (a different folder) to move the file to.
I am one of those gs - who do not move files to relevant folders soon after creation/download resulting in the "documents folder" piling up 100s of files slowing down things.
Presence of File search softwares like Locate32 and X1 does not help in getting disciplined

Tuxman:
If you are willing to add features and stuff to it, I think it could do everything we're asking for here.-superboyac (April 12, 2010, 08:50 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yep!  :-*

4wd:
Perhaps FileNotify ?

As I mentioned in this thread.

It installs a service and you set up the actions using an interface to it, IIRC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version