Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 21, 2014, 02:16:58 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Integrate into taskbar  (Read 3016 times)
masu

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: January 28, 2006, 03:25:36 AM »

the program searchfield could be integrated into the windows taskbar like in Copernic

Find+Run Robot 2.90.01
Windows 7
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 03:41:17 AM »

we've talked about this in the past.. the problem is that because of the way farr likes to show its results, in a popup listbox, it's hard to see why having it always visible in a taskbar would really have a benefit.  ie why have it onscreen all the time even when you're not using it?
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 04:58:47 AM »

I was thinking: This idea might be nice, that way, there would be no need for a hotkey (well, maybe to focus), and it would look good, a bit like google search Wink
But it has some problems:
1) those people who don't have taskbars, still need the "normal" farr (don't think this is that much of a problem..)
2) identifying the results can get a bit strange, since you'd have the popup comming upwards from the bar, it would generate a strange behaviour from farr..Try selecting the option "edit bar on the bottom". It becomes quite hard to select the first option, since it isn't right below the edit bar. At least I can't use it like that.
3) maybe it would be only more work for mouser to accomplish an option that people would use in the beginning because it's nice to the eye, but would stop using later since it's not very handy.

just my two cents smiley

jdd
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 10:48:10 AM »

I am embarrassed to ask this question but I tried FARR and like it very much.  The problem I have (and it is not unique to FARR) is that when I open the Preferences dialogue, the text is truncated as shown in the attached file.

Any suggestions on how to fix this  ?My screen resolution is set to 1024x768.

Thanks,
jdd

* FARR.png (54.58 KB, 916x543 - viewed 309 times.)
Amadawn
Charter Member

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 11:37:48 AM »

Some of us have experienced (and reported) this same problem, and it is even in the bugtracking system. It is related to the font size. If you are using some non-standard font size (like 120 dpi for instance) FARR does scale the size of the menus accordingly. I believe that mouser is working on that.

Cheers,

Angel
squid head
Participant

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 08:58:00 AM »

That´s a great feature. But dragging the mouse to it or using a hot key is almost the same... It doesn't open a new window, but it will, in the search results.
'Windows Desktop Search' is a great tool, but uses indexing, which causes some problems. It would be nice have such a program, integrate into taskbar, without indexing. Until then, still prefer FRR. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.035s | Server load: 0.08 ]