topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:25 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Bluetooth PAN Network Adapter driver.  (Read 10219 times)

BCHOWDHURY

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Bluetooth PAN Network Adapter driver.
« on: March 24, 2010, 09:39 PM »
I know this is the wrong place to start this thread but I don't have any choice.
1) Bluetooth PAN Network Adapter shows a red cross mark and no matter, which bluetooth driver I install, it stays the same, with a cross mark. It shows whatever driver I install in driver details but it never gets activated. Please, help me.
2) Can I use two internet connections, broadband and GPRS/EDGE simultaneously on my Windows Server 2003? How? Can I do that on WinXP Pro? Do I need any special software? Please, help me.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Bluetooth PAN Network Adapter driver.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 10:31 AM »
Re: #2

If those NICs are using public IP addresses and this server is your DC, the short answer is you can't. You also never want to multihome a DC because it causes major problems for your network.

This question comes up a lot. Rather than me blathering, take a look at this link. It shows a way to work around this problem.

http://social.techne...b2-9477-27ab158d3932

Luck! :Thmbsup:

« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 10:36 AM by 40hz »

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 12:35 PM »
Re: #1

What's the Hardware ID ?

Device Properties->Details->Hardware Ids

eg. Mine reports: {f12d3cf8-b11d-457e-8641-be2af2d6d204} which is IVT Corp. hardware which uses their BlueSoleil driver.

BCHOWDHURY

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 08:47 AM »
Hardware IDs:
USB\Vid_0a5c&Pid_2100&Rev_0112
USB\Vid_0a5c&Pid_2100

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 06:55 PM »
Broadcom Corporation / MICRO SYSTEMS, INC.                                 ES-388
Broadcom Corporation / ShenZhen Kang Hui Technology Co.,ltd           BCM2045a

Try Bluetooth Driver Installer.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 10:06 PM »
Re: #2

If those NICs are using public IP addresses and this server is your DC, the short answer is you can't. You also never want to multihome a DC because it causes major problems for your network.

That sounds awfully much like a myth to me ... If DNS is setup properly, all IPs assigned to the DC, will resolve (correctly) as the DC. I spend a lot of time with SOHO/SMB networks, and if you need to isolate services between public & private, and the budget only allows for one box. Multihoming is the safest way to do it without sending the administrative overhead through the ceiling.

This question comes up a lot. Rather than me blathering, take a look at this link. It shows a way to work around this problem.

http://social.techne...b2-9477-27ab158d3932

Luck! :Thmbsup:

Not sure if that was the link you really wanted, but that guy is just babbling about DNS config (which granted most people do screw up), and never really answered the "Can you use 2 internet connections" question. The answer is simply yes...but you need a router with dual WAN ports to load balance the connections like this one

Public IPs assigned to (a SOHO) the DC ... :o ... Now that's scary.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 07:15 AM »
Not sure if that was the link you really wanted

Always a possibility. ;D

I agree that having a dual-WAN router arbitrate the two external connections will do the trick. But I didn't think that was the question being asked.

I interpreted the question to be whether it was possible to hook both the EDGE and standard broadband internet connections directly into the server and have that work reliably.

The reason I interpreted it that way was because I've seen numerous cases where a server arrives equipped with three NICs which someone decides to set up it as 2 externals + 1 internal ("to increase Internet throughput"); next plugs the external facing cards into two different internet connections, and then wonders what the problem is. Especially if (or more likely when) DNS settings are also misconfigured - usually by having the external adapter's DNS setting not point to itself and wind up having the AD 'glom' onto it as a result

And to your point about isolating services using one server with multiple interfaces, I also agree. I often do that myself. Perhaps "multihoming" wasn't the best choice of terms when I probably should have said "bridging" or "spanning" and clarified I was talking about the external network connections.

:)

Addendum: If DNS is set up properly is a pretty big 'if' from what I've seen. FWIW I discover DNS configuration problems in about a quarter of the Windows servers I look at. What is it about server DNS settings that some people feel the need to be constantly screwing around with them?  :nono2:

:Thmbsup:

« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 08:57 AM by 40hz »