ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

YoYo Games / Softwrap Crappy License

(1/2) > >>

tinjaw:
And you can only install it on Tuesdays, when it is the month of December, and the wind is less than 3 mph, and you use a cassette tape to load the program after downloading it via a 300-baud acoustic coupled modem.

WTF

Dear 

Please save this email and print a copy for safe-keeping as confirmation that you have purchased  Game_Maker for $ 25.00
Net sales price         $ 25.00

License holder: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Purchase Reference: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Purchase Date xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Having purchased this software title through Softwrap Limited you are free to use it on your PC only, however you may also transfer your license free of charge once to your laptop or any other machine. This can be done by re-installing the software title on your new machine, running it, selecting "Reinstall" and entering your License Holder name and Reference number details as provided above.

In the event you no longer have these details please email [email protected] with your full name, approximate date of purchase, first and last 4 digits of the 16 digit credit card number you used to effect the purchase as well as the name of the software title you are wishing to re-install.

For internet re-installations an internet connection will be required. For telephone re-installations please call one of the numbers listed in the contact section of the Softwrap website and a Softwrap agent will complete the process with you.

In the event that you require any assistance activating / licensing your software please contact the Softwrap support centre via email at [email protected]. If you have a technical problem with the title which does not involve licensing, please contact the author at [email protected]. More details are usually found within their application or on their website.

Kind Regards

Softwrap Limited

[email protected]
--- End quote ---

scancode:
And you can only install it on Tuesdays, when it is the month of December, and the wind is less than 3 mph, and you use a cassette tape to load the program after downloading it via a 300-baud acoustic coupled modem.

WTF

Having purchased this software title through Softwrap Limited you are free to use it on your PC only, however you may also transfer your license free of charge once to your laptop or any other machine. This can be done by re-installing the software title on your new machine, running it, selecting "Reinstall" and entering your License Holder name and Reference number details as provided above.

--- End quote ---
-tinjaw (March 24, 2010, 08:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

It can, and does get worse.

5. Installation. The Wrapped Title can only be installed once on the User's computer, and hard drive failure, or installation on a new computer, may render the Wrapped Title unusable. In such an event, the User must phone the Softwrap toll free number and show proof of purchase via a transaction number to unwrap the Title for further use or alternatively the User may show proof of purchase online via the Softwrap wizards and transaction number in order to unwrap the Title for further use. This will only be done once for the transfer to a new computer or disk, and thereafter the licence must be re-purchased.
-https://www.softwrap.com/tc2.asp
--- End quote ---

Luckily, Softwrap is easy to get rid of.
*coughcough*

Chisaku:
I hope I'm not completely necro-posting here, but they've gotten rid of Softwrap in 8.1! ;D
To update to that version from Game Maker 8 you'll need to upgrade your license in the YoYo Games store. When you upgrade, you'll receive a completely new code/key which you'll have to activate in Game Maker 8.1, which has to be downloaded separately. I'm not sure if this allows for more than the two installs in the Softwrap license, but my key activated just fine.

Here's the newspost for it. The "Pro" version has been renamed to Standard. I hope they're not coming to come up with a new version named Pro/Epic/Business/Gold/MEGASUPERAWESOME and then charging more money for it. xD

scancode:
Current Features:

* No more Softwrap!
I love how it is the FIRST listed feature :3

f0dder:
Current Features:

* No more Softwrap!
I love how it is the FIRST listed feature :3
-scancode (April 19, 2011, 02:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
Lulz :D

Navigation