ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Multi Photo Quotes

Changed settings don't all get implemented?

(1/6) > >>

superboyac:
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if there's a bug:
First off, I have UltraMon running also, and there are screensaver options there also.  I don't know if they interfere, but UltraMon has certain options for multimonitor.  However, I don't have "Ultramon" selected as my screensaver in the Display Properties, so I think that means Ultramon won't be used.  I have "Multiphotoquotes" selected there.  Also, if you look in Ultramon's list of screensavers, the name is renamed to "ssMultiphotoquotes".

OK, here are the settings that are not sticking:

--I changed the fonts and I'm using all 4 options.  There is no white font anymore, but everytime the screensaver starts, it's a white font.

--I've split each monitor into a 2x1 grid.  However, it seems like it's still a 1x1 grid (the initial setting).  I also have "at least one image should be full screen" selected.  This is not working.  In fact, i have no images showing.

--I have my own directory for "additional directories for default images".  None of these are showing up.

Basically, the setup I want is this:
--on the first monitor, I want my custom message in one row, and the time on the other row.
--on the 2nd monitor, I want a full-screen image from my own directory

superboyac:
OK, I got the setup working the way I described above.

But the font style is still not working right.  As you know, instead of quotes, I'm using the message override, so maybe the font styles don't apply to it.  Anyway, I've changed to 4 fonts in the "quote fonts" section.  These don't seem to get applied to the message that displays.

I've also changed the font style for time in the "Custom Date/Time Display" area.  But that setting doesn't stick.  If you change the font, then go to another area in the options and come back, you will see that the change reverts back to default.

mouser:
But the font style is still not working right.  As you know, instead of quotes, I'm using the message override, so maybe the font styles don't apply to it.  Anyway, I've changed to 4 fonts in the "quote fonts" section.  These don't seem to get applied to the message that displays.
--- End quote ---

And the checkboxes are enabled for those 4 fonts? Note that it will reduce the size if it has to.

I've also changed the font style for time in the "Custom Date/Time Display" area.  But that setting doesn't stick.  If you change the font, then go to another area in the options and come back, you will see that the change reverts back to default.
--- End quote ---

Confirmed, fixing now.

superboyac:
And the checkboxes are enabled for those 4 fonts? Note that it will reduce the size if it has to.
-mouser (March 24, 2010, 09:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, all the checkboxes are enabled.  All four boxes have different colors, none are white.  However, whenever the screensaver starts, the white font is always shown.  The other fonts are never used.  This is ONLY when the message override is being used (which I am using exclusively).  If the Quote Book is used, the fonts are applied correctly.  For the override, it seems like it's going by a default setting that is not available anywhere in the options.

mouser:
can you see if the latest beta fixes it:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/mpq/downloads/beta/MultiPhotoQuotesSetup.exe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version