ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

(another) Linkman Review

<< < (5/7) > >>

cranioscopical:
We wanted to thank all users who promote Linkman here, and on other websites! It really makes a difference and ensures that new versions keep coming!
-Outertech Support (April 06, 2011, 05:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was very impresed to find that updating to 8.x cost nothing.

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

Also very impressive with Linkman is how they consider each recommended improvement.  And bounce off ideas. When they recently added a little delay on the search it was a huge improvement for my usage, as I can finish typing without the search starting.

My emphasis with Linkman requests will be enhancements on reporting that will make it more PIM-like-friendly, especially a single-line output (truncate description to fit page) mode.  Also that the sort lines up to the current view sort.  Right now I am still using screen capture for printing.  Then I would probably use the user-defined fields as well, which have some extra potential.

And I can imagine perhaps a smidgen of quick syntax help on the search might be helpful  .. occasionally I print out the help page but then it goes under the rubble.  The old Boolean Shuffle, involving starts with, not, and etc.  Maybe even one of those Eudora-like search things from a pop-up ?

My other thought is more complex, having to do with "on-disk" functionality, where web pages are copied to your disk and a link added to point to that new page.  (Think Scrapbook, Surfalator etc.)  The idea needs some refinement and expression, (I think the generic Firefox "Save Page as" is sufficient conceptually) but I think it has great archiving capability, against the one bane of web pages, those that disappear, and are not on archive.org.  From my point of understanding, this is mostly the text and basics, not the flash and pomp.  Make any sense ?

Shalom,
Steven Avery

jaden:
I too have been impressed with the Linkman team's responsiveness.  I've given them feedback on at least a half dozen minor issues I've encountered and within an hour or two they reply either asking for clarification or to say the fix will be in the next build.  It's a great app and by listening to feedback it will continue to get even better.

def:
jaden, thank you so much for this comment.  i almost felt like no one was reading these.  I am a little embarrassed to admit how much effort I put into these reviews.
-superboyac (March 24, 2010, 07:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
Just to make sure you won't stop writing reviews (:D), let me chime in and say that just because of your review I'm going to give Linkman (light) a try. Thanks for pointing it out.  :Thmbsup:

Josh:
Ditto! I am trying it out now too because of this review :) And loving it so far!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version