ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

(another) Linkman Review

(1/7) > >>

superboyac:
I wanted to inform you that I have put up a new review for Linkman.  I don't want to take away anything from KenR's excellent review which introduced me to the program, but I like to write reviews for software that I use a lot:

Also, as mentioned at the end of the article, stay tuned for a Linkman giveaway here soon.

Of course, Linkman is now officially part of my recommended software list:
http://aram.dcmembers.com/superior-software-list/

mouser:
Very nice  :up: :up:
Direct link to review -> http://aram.dcmembers.com/software/linkman/

superboyac:
Very nice  :up: :up:
Direct link to review -> http://aram.dcmembers.com/software/linkman/
-mouser (March 23, 2010, 09:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
Whoops!  Image link is working now, sorry...

jaden:
I read the earlier posts about Powermarks and Linkman but decided to stick with Diigo (having converted from Delicious a few years ago).

After reading this review however, I gave it another try.  I love the live search.  It also makes it easier to switch browsers and still be able to add bookmarks with a keyboard shortcut (one of the reasons I switched to Diigo).  I use tags to organize all my bookmarks, but with 11,000 that's becoming less manageable.  Being able to search them all quickly is probably the best way to go.

I imported all my bookmarks and the import and search performance is impressive.  How will we find out about the free Pro licenses?  You may have a convert  :)

superboyac:
I read the earlier posts about Powermarks and Linkman but decided to stick with Diigo (having converted from Delicious a few years ago).

After reading this review however, I gave it another try.  I love the live search.  It also makes it easier to switch browsers and still be able to add bookmarks with a keyboard shortcut (one of the reasons I switched to Diigo).  I use tags to organize all my bookmarks, but with 11,000 that's becoming less manageable.  Being able to search them all quickly is probably the best way to go.

I imported all my bookmarks and the import and search performance is impressive.  How will we find out about the free Pro licenses?  You may have a convert  :)
-jaden (March 24, 2010, 04:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
jaden, thank you so much for this comment.  i almost felt like no one was reading these.  I am a little embarrassed to admit how much effort I put into these reviews.

Yes, the search window is really cool and was the focus of my comments to Linkman in the past couple of years.  I'm glad I was able to express that effectively to you.  I know my review articles are a little odd in that I don't go into many of the program details.  I like to just highlight the couple of features that REALLY make the program special to me.  My intention is to do exactly what you're doing, which is generate enough interest for you to explore the program yourself.

As for the giveaway:  Linkman has donated 20 licenses, which is an enormous amount.  Whenever the next giveaway happens here, just submit your entry as usual and hopefully you will win.  I don't know exactly when that is.  Mouser will know, and there's someone else here who is in charge of the giveaway effort (it slips my mind who, right now).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version