The newest version of the application launcher SliderDock is now out.SliderDock v1.15 now released
A lot have been improved.
First the version system have been change to enable update check.
Now there is a new button in the "about SliderDock" window that allow you to check for new versions.
The portable mode has been improved.
When SliderDock is in portable mode and is found on a memory stick with your other portable applications on the same drive, dragging those apps into SliderDock will give them a relative target path.
This will allow SliderDock to launch your portable applications even when the memory stick drive letter changes.
Another new feature is the integration of multi rings feature.
Now it is possible to group the icons anyway you wish.
And selecting a new ring is done with a click on thee middle mouse button on the IconSeeker.
here are all the changes in SliderDock v1.15 :
- added relative path for icon's target.
- improved installation setup. It will now check if .net is found in the computer and download it if it's missing.
- improved the uninstall setup which now remove the registry entry for starting SliderDock with window.
- improved support for virtual folder even further. Now all virtual folder should work.
- added support for microsoft special shortcut(ex: MS office shortcut).
- added support for shortcut which have a virtual folder as a target.
- improved mouse event so that using the mouse wheel to rotate the icons will not affect other application anymore.
- change versioning system for update support.
- added check update button in the "About SliderDock" window.
- added multiple rings support.
- adding an icon to a ring will now make it appear within the IconSeeker next to the current selected icon.
- improved icon saving method to stop the image quality from degrading each time it's loaded.
- Changed saving path to Data folder(for the SD.ini and when in portable mode for the files config.xml and save.bin)
- ErrorLog will now also appear in the Data folder.
- Remove the dependancy to Interop.IWshRuntimeLibrary.dll and also remove the file from the setup.
- removed support for virtual desktop because SliderDock freeze after launching some specific fullscreen app.
- slightly slow down the rotation with the mouse wheel depending of the icon distance to the IconSeeker to increase the feeling of smooth transition.
For more information and the download link please visit the website at :http://sliderdock.wikidot.com
Leave some feedback to let me know your opinion of this application.
It will help me know in what direction I should take SliderDock to.