ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

MakeMKV beta 1.6.15

<< < (3/9) > >>

MilesAhead:
It's free to use for who knows how long.

Innuendo:
I'd rather not get hooked on a program's features and then have the rug pulled out from under me later, so to speak.

I'll wait to see if there are any sales on the horizon.

MilesAhead:
Keep your eyes open since the copy protection/registration service he uses has an option to apply a discount.  Somebody already asked about it on the forum.

MilesAhead:
btw another feature that's not in the forefront, this software can do a full backup of BluRay disc to your HD.  There are other dedicated programs like AnyDVDHD and DVDFab PassKey that are still in beta.  AnyDVDHD has a history of requiring renewed purchase after a period of time.  I have no way to know the price point of DVDFab PassKey when it goes out of beta.

The author of MakeMKV promises a one shot $50 registration fee that never expires.  Just something to consider. Plus it's still in beta and free for use for who knows how long.

edit: btw I already paid for my copy.  Can use on as many machines as I own personally. I don't get any brownie points, kickback or free anything for touting it. I guess I just like "one programmer" projects.  Nice to have something that works that isn't done by committee.

Innuendo:
There are other dedicated programs like AnyDVDHD and DVDFab PassKey that are still in beta.  AnyDVDHD has a history of requiring renewed purchase after a period of time.-MilesAhead (June 08, 2010, 01:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is an inaccurate statement. AnyDVD HD is definitely not in beta although beta versions of upcoming versions are frequently released.

Also, if one purchases a lifetime license one does not have to renew purchases after a period of time. The only time something like this remotely happened was when AnyDVD HD was released and it was a paid upgrade from AnyDVD. AnyDVD HD should have been named something different as it includes functionality that was never within the scope of AnyDVD.

Now having said that even though I bought both AnyDVD & AnyDVD HD a long time ago at a deeply discounted price compared to what these programs are going for today. I don't think I could recommend anyone buying them at their current price.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version