ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: usb drive backup program

<< < (2/8) > >>

techidave:
Thanks Deozaan, you took the words right out of my mouth.  Sorry it took so long!   :P :D

MilesAhead:
How 'bout just using 7zip to compress the entire USB contents to a zip file on the HD? That's about as simple as it gets.

techidave:
That could work except there wouldn't be a reminder to let it run or not.  My work requires that I work on many computers through out the day so I am plugging it in to the same computer several times per day.  but this would only run on certain machines and not on every one.

A coder I am not, which is why I posted this request.

sajman99:
techidave--not sure if the portable app Toucan would be sufficient for you, but it does sound promising...

Four synchronisation modes, copy, update, mirror and equalise.
Backup and restore in industry standard zip and 7-zip files, with support for complete backups, updating existing backups and differential backups, as well as restoring files from an archive.
AES-256 encryption using ccrypt
Command line support, allows you to create a batch file for repeated jobs
Variables, point to places on you USB drive no matter what its drive letter is
--- End quote ---

techidave:
I tried Toucan and could get the sync part to work (won't compress though) but the backup part wouldn't recognize my flash drive though.  Windows would and the sync part would recognize it.

I guess I didn't figure this would be this big of deal, and would be rather quick and simple to do.   :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version