topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 6:36 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: FileHamster discount link  (Read 5290 times)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
FileHamster discount link
« on: March 20, 2010, 03:54 PM »
FileHamster discount link from here on dc:

[...]
Link
-Mogware Support (March 20, 2010, 12:25 PM)

it's 50% off the Basic & Enterprise versions (which are otherwise full-price at the moment - so that's an especially good deal on the Enterprise version)
and
50% off the Advanced version (otherwise 60% off at the moment)(i.e. it's just shy of $40 with this discount)

AFAIK plugins dont work with the Basic version (so e.g. no zipped backup).
I'm not sure if you're able to upgrade from one version to another (e.g. Basic to Advanced)
Tom

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: FileHamster discount link
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 06:37 AM »
thanks for the links  :up:

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 01:26 PM »
I've been using the last good free version of FileHamster for quite a long time now.

it's was perfect for my needs - until things got a bit more serious. i found myself requiring the "reports" feature that comes with FileHamster Advanced.

so, i've just bought it using the discount link above - which still works fine. very good value for money if you ask me.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 04:12 PM »
i found myself requiring the "reports" feature that comes with FileHamster Advanced.

so, i've just bought it using the discount link above - which still works fine. very good value for money if you ask me.

Great!
The report window is great also for simply browsing the backups and sorting them by name date etc. similar to a regular file manager (as opposed to the Revision List view which isnt up to much I find)
Tom

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 05:35 PM »
right. that's interesting. i've not installed the download yet. i was worrying a bit that the report feature wouldn't do what i was hoping - but it sounds better than i imagined.

p.s.

thanks for posting the discout link in the first place, tomos. i've probably visited this thread about 12 times since you made that post - each time deciding i didn't need the advanced version just yet - but checking each time that the discount page was still live. (i don't think you can find any reference to the page on FileHamster's home.)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 02:52 AM »
In case you havent seen it,
this thread - Using FileHamster to keep track of status of a job - will give you more of an idea of the report window, & how I use it. I quote: It's not rocket science, but I've found it very helpful
Tom

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 04:17 AM »
thanks, i was wondering about this Report feature now that i've installed it. I was expecting the Report to give me a "report", as in, create a report as a file to read through. maybe that was a bit naive of me. i'm sure once i get to grips with how the report panel works i'll realise this is all i need.

i do like your system of using "comments" as "tags". not sure i need to do that but it's a good idea for if/when i do. i'm still adapting to this new layout so i can't offer any suggestions myself yet.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 04:56 AM »
thanks, i was wondering about this Report feature now that i've installed it. I was expecting the Report to give me a "report", as in, create a report as a file to read through. maybe that was a bit naive of me. i'm sure once i get to grips with how the report panel works i'll realise this is all i need.

I've hardly used that aspect of it, but if you select relevant files there is an option in the context menu to export a report to spreadsheet or txt file.
Tom

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 05:18 AM »
ah, yes, very good. didn't see that export option.

i've now remembered why i wanted the report feature - posted a comment in the other thread: https://www.donation....msg213757#msg213757