ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Screensaver program to display text (read for explanation).

(1/4) > >>

superboyac:
I'm looking for a screensaver that I can set up at work to show on the monitor where I am in the building when I'm not at my desk.  So if i were in a meeting in Room X, it would say "Aram is at a meeting, Room X" and stuff like that.  I would also like it so I can have a bunch of premade phrases ready to go at the click of a button, like ones for lunch, different rooms, etc.

Do any of you know about something like this?

superboyac:
Is there anything that's made to show some custom text about where you are?  I'm looking for a very quick, kind of one-click solution to this.  Here's the situation:

I'm in my cubicle and I have to go to places all the time (meetings, other rooms in the building).  People come by my cubicle to see where I am.  It would be nice if the monitor was showing in big letters "I'm in Room 999".  I'd like to have many such phrases prepared in advance, and choose them quickly from a drop down menu.  This would show full screen and in big letters on the monitor.

I was looking for a screensaver program to do this, but I couldn't find any.  So I was hoping something else would exist.  Essentially, it's just a custom phrase display in a special way.

superboyac:
Well, it seems like something exists for this, kind of:
http://lifehacker.com/374795/instantly-set-a-screensaver-away-message

I'm going to use this for now.  It would be nice if someone could spruce this up a bit.  Add a drop down for often used text, etc.

cmpm:
Add a drop down for often used text, etc.
--- End quote ---

That's what it needs for different messages.

You could use your photo screensaver, and set it to use screenshots of messages typed in Word or some other editor. In the settings have it point to that folder where the screenshot message is saved.

But then you still have to change the setting of the screensaver for different messages.
Just a thought.....

40hz:
Why not use one of those PostIt note type apps? Just use a large font size and expand it to full screen assuming you don't need to lock your machine when you leave it. That's what I usually do when I want to be found.
 :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version