ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Windows Key ONLY for hotkey

(1/2) > >>

Doppelganger:
I would like to launch FARR by just hitting the Win key (and then I'll use Ctrl-Esc if I want to access the Start Menu from the keyboard).

Is this possible?  The Win key is not in the list of keys, and selecting a modifier without a key doesn't appear to be an option.

AndyM:
You can probably do this with a simple autohotkey script.  I say probably only because I don't know if the Windows key presents any particular problems, not having re-assigned it myself using autohotkey.

It would be a very short script, simply assigning to the Windows key the key combination that starts FARR.  After that, the only thing that will happen when you press the Windows key is that the hotkey for FARR will be sent.

mouser:
I'll see if i can enable this internally -- seems like a neat idea to use windows button for FARR.

TucknDar:
You can do it with AutoHotkey. I found a solution in this thread: http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/topic46323.html

The required code:

--- ---~LWin::
   Input,v,L1 M
   If ErrorLevel=Max
      Send, #{%v%}
   else if ErrorLevel=NewInput
     Run, c:\Program Files (x86)\FindAndRunRobot\FindAndRunRobot.exe -show
Return
~LWin Up::
   Input
ReturnObviously set the correct FARR path.

edit: Completely unrelated, but is there a thread to make your 1000th post? ;)

tomos:

Naturally :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version