ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: NightMode (switch display colors for ones suitable for working in the dark

<< < (3/3)

Mickets:
In linux (gnome) this is easy to do for the entire OS. Most apps respect it. Problem is webpages, they are usually white...
-urlwolf (March 30, 2010, 04:30 PM)
--- End quote ---
Webpages: in Firefox: Tools / Options / Content / Colors: disable the "allow pages to choose their own colors". Then, enable "Use system colors", or configure your own colors. Looks great. A good idea would be a "toggle" button for these options...

PhilB66:
Just seen this on lifehacker

http://lifehacker.com/5567172/redshift-makes-your-screen-easier-on-the-eyes-at-night

Mickets:
It says "Linux only" right on the first line.

F.Lux is well known, but it's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about reversing the screen colors.

Thanks anyway.

Mickets:
I've tried that one already, and uninstalled it soon after. I can't remember the details, but it's a too complex program for a simple thing I want to achieve (dark screen). Meanwhile I'm with NiteView.

I actually got NiteViews source code, but I haven't had the time to mess around with it.

joiwind:
There's also Windowshades - it's an overlay but very configurable, it might help ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version