ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Idea: Clipboard Mouse Click n Paste

<< < (3/3)

Smobu:
Is there a clipboard manager out there that doesn't use tooltips but has a feature that supports easy file renaming through mouse highlights and clicks?

rjbull:
Another reason I been reluctant to use any other form of clipboard management is because I use the script to label file names. I can cycle through the entries with the script without losing focus from my renaming. I tried arsclip before and it was promising, but it stole focus on my file renaming.
-Smobu (July 30, 2010, 11:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

How are you renaming the files?  Directly, or with a file renamer?  If you aren't using the latter, you might try one.  E.g., Oscar's File Renamer, which is old, but free, and works a bit like an editor.  Of course, this only makes sense if you have several files to rename, you probably wouldn't bother to fire it up for just a single file.

Smobu:
I don't do intensive file renaming and I don't want to dedicate a whole program for renaming a couple of files when I do it once in a while. File renaming could be done directly with the script.

psionics:
 been looking for better multi copy/paste apps, so far, this one I have chosen good. maybe this will help..

http://www.mlin.net/Clipomatic.shtml

(a small freeware)

Smobu:
Clipomatic possesses the same problem as with arsclip. Focus is stolen when attempting to rename files. If the shift functionality of group pasting is too much, then I would hope that a simple click function can still be implemented.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version