ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Donationcoder: How did you find it + What has your experience been like so far.

<< < (6/11) > >>

Darwin:
Hi. My name is Michael and I am a software addict.
-Darwin (March 16, 2010, 11:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

I hope you take my post in the same vein as it was meant - mean and nasty...   purely in jest!!

Hey, I have seen just about everyone else here rib you about that; I just couldn't pass it up!   :Thmbsup:

Jim
-J-Mac (March 16, 2010, 11:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

No offence taken ;D

My software addiction is well documented on this forum. I am OCD about anything that captures my imagination at a particular point in time - let's see, Artie Shaw recordings, the Beatles, the Avro Arrow, wristwatches, fountain pens, calculators, Multi-tools, my '67 GTO, several unfortunate girls in high school... That's just off the top of my head!

nudone:
i came from ShellNetCity. they mentioned "super happy find and run robot" as FARR was back then. i had a quick chat with mouser and he seemed like a very cool bloke - i wanted to help out however i could after that - which eventually became cody.

JavaJones:
I don't remember how I got here. :( But probably some random software-related search, or possibly, just possibly, a newsletter from some techie-type person out there. If anyone has any further info on my superhero back story, please share. :D

- Oshyan

AndyM:
Found through SHELL EXTENSION CITY -cranioscopical (March 15, 2010, 10:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
Me too

One of the very few places on the web that I try to visit on a daily basis.-40hz (March 15, 2010, 10:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
Other than the weather, the only place I check every day.

JavaJones:
Ah, thanks to packrat email habits and Gmail search, I have unraveled the mystery. Straight from the horse's (er my) mouth:

"Btw I registered specifically because of interest in the "Clipboard Help+Spell" program. It sounds fantastic. Simple and elegant but very powerful. Exactly what a scattered guy like me needs! Currently I use a sort of "Diary"/journal program to take care of this, but since it's organized by date it can be very scattered and confusing. It's a great app actually, just not the right thing for my needs. And the higher end "brainstorming" apps are overkill, and usually expensive.

Incidentally I came across the site through your review of archiving programs. Tugzip is also my archiver of choice right now, and in fact I believe they've addressed some of the concerns raised in the site review as of version 3.4 which was recently released. But in any case it's a great review, and your other reviews also impressed me. Keep up the good work!"

Sadly Tugzip appears to be a dead project now. New forum threads seem to mostly consist of spam bots talking to each other:
http://www.tugzip.com/forum/index.php?topic=1270.0
Which is interesting actually. I'm sure many of you have seen how clever some of these automated spam bots can be, selecting bits of semi-relevant text from their vast stores of collected material to match with snippets of presumably original material in the thread they're posting to. I wonder what would happen if you had a forum made up entirely of 1000's of spam bots parroting each other. Anyone else think we could get brilliant literature in less than a million iterations, say a month of back and forth? :D

P.S. Wow, I end my posts with grins a lot, eh?

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version