ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

What is the best image format to save screenshots from desktop programs?

(1/2) > >>

masu:
personally I think PNG is really good, but it takes a lot of space.

JPG takes less space but the text quality is not good

jgpaiva:
I think i've read somewhere that png doesn't lose quality and has compression, so it seems to me that it is the best format o use.
I have my sc configured to take screenshots on png, and when i want to send the picture to someone, i just do "save copy as" in jpg format :D
The only problem is having to delete the first screenshot, but i don't think i'll die for a few seconds (or will i? ;) )

f0dder:
PNG, converted to 256 colors *without* dithering. Disable background images before taking screenshot.

mouser:
screenshot captor has a little trick:
you can use the name field at the bottom, to RENAME and CONVERT image formats.

if your name field for a picture says "mypic" and it's saved as a png, you can rename it to 'yourpic' by simply typing "yourpic" in that box and hitting enter.

you can rename and change format at same time by simply specifying an extension: so just type "yourpic.jpg" and it will convert the file to jpg, save it with new name, and delete original.

:)

jgpaiva:
Mouser: good to know that!
I already knew that the file name could be changed there, but i didn't realize that it would also change the format...
Great feature!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version