Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 18, 2014, 08:17:14 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Google Chrome + download manager?  (Read 1183 times)
brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

To make a difference, be different.

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 13, 2010, 05:48:49 AM »

Hi,

(what feels like) ages ago I used Firefox with an extension (if I recall correctly) and the download manager FlashGet. On a webpage, you could do things like press some hotkey or click something (not sure, it's been a while...) and then it would automatically grab all the linked files of a specific extension from that page.

Is there some solution like that for Google Chrome too?

Thank you.
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 11:42:41 PM »

FreeDownloadManager isn't exactly what you're asking for. It's a standalone application that can integrate with IE, Firefox, and other browsers (including Chrome).

A couple of things it can do, though I haven't used them so I'm not sure how well they suit your request are:

1) Grab a list of all links on a website which lets you select which ones to download.
2) It has a site explorer which lets you view the folders structure of a web site and easily download necessary files or folders.

EDIT: I just found this on the features page (emphasis added):

HTML Spider
You can download whole web pages or even whole web sites with HTML Spider. The tool can be adjusted to download files with specified extensions only.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 11:45:06 PM by Deozaan » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.03s | Server load: 0.05 ]