ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA - Save / Convert any given URL to a PDF File

<< < (2/2)

Deep-Silence:
Hi lanux128,

Thanks for your suggestions,
i really appreciate them.  :Thmbsup:

i am using Opera as my browser, but perhaps i can setup a portable version,
to get it to work. Hope it can be done in the background.  :-\

Thanks

I mentioned earlier, that there are a couple of solutions on the market you need to pay for.
I would like to point to verypdf html to pdf converter commandline
to give you an impression what i am thinking about. (URL to PDF only  ;))

daddydave:
 I like  lanux128's idea, here's another thought

PDF Creator has a command line option to convert a file to PDF
/IF<input-filename> /OF<output-filename>
Convert a postscript file to a PDF or bitmap. The /OF parameter must be used in conjunction with the /IF parameter. To set the output file format, include the file extension in the output file name. There is NO space between the parameters and the file names.
Examples:
pdfcreator.exe /IF"C:\description.ps" /OF"C:\description.pdf"
pdfcreator.exe /IF"C:\description.ps" /OF"C:\description.tif"

--- End quote ---

It doesn't accept a URL, though. I did see a command line url to mht converter out there if you want to be a guinea pig. (I haven't tried it). Then you might be able to do that in two lines of a batch file, the first line converting the url to mht, the second one converting the mht to pdf. There may be a better intermediary than MHT, I was just thinking of it because it preserves images.

daddydave:
Wondering if there is a command line equivalent of right clicking on a URL shortcut and hitting print and having it figure out what to do based on the what Print verb for the URL filetype says in the registry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version