topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 4:19 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Watching web channels on your TV?  (Read 2775 times)

snail02

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Watching web channels on your TV?
« on: March 11, 2010, 06:49 PM »
Hi,

Currently we have a 'special tv channel' offered by our cable company, which is also available online from jumptv.com.
I was wondering if there was some way I could stream the channel from jumptv to my tv, and cancel it from my cable provider.

I know it's more of a hardware related question; but any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Watching web channels on your TV?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 08:25 PM »
Solutions depend very much on the available output methods on your video card and the input methods on your TV.

In principle it is possible, but if you want to have some kind of picture quality on your TV, try to prevent the use of analog signal transfer.

When both your TV and video card have a (spare) HDMI port you can hook up the PC to the TV with a HDMI cable and use your TV as second monitor on your PC/laptop. Then open the channel and make sure it is playing on the second "monitor".

snail02

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Watching web channels on your TV?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 09:13 PM »
Thanks a lot Shades. This seems like a moderately easy solution. I was thinking of some digital box/media center you could set up with your tv; but I suppose using the tv as a second monitor gives you more options.