ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Undelete utilities?

<< < (5/7) > >>

PhilB66:
If it means the latter, I'll install it, but if it means the former, I guess I won't bother.  Does anyone know for sure which one is meant?
-cyberdiva (March 17, 2010, 10:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
The former.
-PhilB66 (March 17, 2010, 10:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
I guess it's the latter !  They have this warning in case you just want to recover files from C: and are about to install Easeus on the same C: hence risking making the recovering process a failure, because space used by the lost files you want to recover might be reused by the installation process.
-MerleOne (March 18, 2010, 02:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
I guess both her statements are true then. In any case, she shouldn't install it on drive c:

cyberdiva:
I guess it's the latter !  They have this warning in case you just want to recover files from C: and are about to install Easeus on the same C: hence risking making the recovering process a failure, because space used by the lost files you want to recover might be reused by the installation process.
-MerleOne (March 18, 2010, 02:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
I guess both her statements are true then. In any case, she shouldn't install it on drive c:
-PhilB66 (March 18, 2010, 03:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks, guys, for your responses. However, Phil, I don't see how your response arises from what Merle said.  Merle indicates that the warning does not apply to installing DRW on my C drive unless I'm doing so to deal with a current problem on my C drive.  Since I'm NOT dealing with a current problem, and hence installing the program won't damage any current files I'm trying to recover, why do you say I shouldn't install it there? 

sajman99:
I installed Easeus Data Recovery Wizard on my C drive for that "just in case" scenario. I'm not worried about overwriting any data currently, but I do want to be ready if and when a problem occurs.

I interpreted the installation warning as a kind of awareness check. I recall years ago a friend of mine accidently deleted some important files, went into panic mode and actually started to download, install, and test recovery software. He's actually a bright guy, but in that particular situation he just freaked. ;D

Anyway, hopefully I don't have to use the Easeus file recovery or partition recovery modules, but better safe than sorry.

Innuendo:
I think everyone is making the warning harder to understand than it is.

Simple explanation: If you are installing the data recovery program *after* there have been files deleted that you wish to recover then do NOT install the recovery program to the drive with those files as there is a good chance those files will be overwritten by the installation of the data recovery program.

Even simpler explanation: Once you delete a file *NEVER* write to that hard drive again as chances are any data written will overwrite the file you wish to recover.

Innuendo:
Speaking of Easeus Data Recovery Wizard.
3 day give away.
-cmpm (March 16, 2010, 02:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you! Downloaded & installed for evaluation!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version