ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Undelete utilities?

<< < (6/7) > >>

cyberdiva:
Thanks Innuendo and sajman99.  Having thought about it for a while (and before I read your messages), I decided perhaps I should indeed install it on a flash key, as several people suggested, so I did.  After reading your messages, I thought perhaps I'll put it on my hard drive as well, but the program apparently doesn't want to be installed in more than one place at a time.  It told me I had already installed it, and did I want to uninstall it from where I had it.  I decided to leave well enough alone.  :)

Thanks again to cmpm for calling attention to the offer of a free copy.

Innuendo:
It told me I had already installed it, and did I want to uninstall it from where I had it.  I decided to leave well enough alone.  :)-cyberdiva (March 18, 2010, 03:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wonder what would have happened if you had answered yes to that question while the flash drive was not plugged in...

cyberdiva:
Wonder what would have happened if you had answered yes to that question while the flash drive was not plugged in...
-Innuendo (March 19, 2010, 09:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
The flash drive on which I installed it wasn't plugged in when I tried to install the program on my hard drive.  I assume that the Setup program recognized simply that it had already been run once.

Innuendo:
The flash drive on which I installed it wasn't plugged in when I tried to install the program on my hard drive.  I assume that the Setup program recognized simply that it had already been run once.-cyberdiva (March 19, 2010, 10:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

I meant when the installer asked "Do you want to uninstall and install somewhere else?" without the flash drive plugged in I wonder what would have happened if you said "Yes, I do want to uninstall and install elsewhere."

But....I'm curious like that & it often gets me into trouble. :)

cyberdiva:
Innuendo, I assume it would have recognized that it couldn't find where the program was installed and would have asked me to supply the path.  For now, though, I guess it will have to remain one of Life's Unanswered Questions  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version