ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Undelete utilities?

(1/7) > >>

rjbull:
Has anyone any further thoughts on undelete utilities since this 2007 thread, File-Saver (file undeletion utility) $40 off TODAY ?  Specifically, is it really worth paying for undelete utilities, or are the free ones good enough now?

Ehtyar:
I'm a big fan of GetDataBack for recovering formatted or deleted drives etc (extensive erasure or file system damage/inconsistency), but for recovering single files or folders I find Recuva to be more than adequate.

Ehtyar.

Darwin:
I'm still using the same (albeit updated) "quartet" of applications that I mentioned in the thread you've referenced. Although I have four recovery applications installed, I could probably get by with just one... Having said that, even recently I found that one or more of my options couldn't find a file I needed to recover while one or more of the alternatives did...

Darwin:
PS Recuva looks like it would be just fine, although my firewall's web filter didn't like the site one bit. Without trying it, I would say that the free file recovery tools are probably good enough now.

sajman99:
Free and portable Recuva and DiskDigger are good enough for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version