ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Mouse Gestures

<< < (3/3)

Deozaan:
If you are using Firefox 2 or 3 try the extension All-In-One Gestures - that does have the "rocker" back and forward feature plus you can configure just about any other gesture you wish.

Jim
-J-Mac (September 13, 2008, 12:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

I love the Firefox All-In-One Gestures! Though it is limited to only Firefox and not available system wide like StrokeIt. But to be honest, I just can't see why I would need mouse gestures in other applications (besides IE). So All-In-One Gestures works great for me.

J-Mac:
Deozaan,

Folks were posting about specifically wanting to use a "rocker" gesture to go back and forward, mostly used in browsers. That's the only reason I mentioned A-I-O Gestures. It's perfect for that feature alone! And Opera already has that feature built-in.

Jim

yksyks:
No, I'm not using FireFox, I was investigating these programs because of Chrome. As for IE, I'm using IE7pro, which has very good mouse gestures for IE7.

Now, to the flipping issue: In the meantime I discovered that my favorite application HotkeyP I'm using for assigning tasks to different keys, can easily create a macro for this flipping, too. Alas, flipping from left to right works well, but from right to left collides with both StrokeIt and gMote.

Couldn't this be accomplished using AutoHotKey?

Deozaan:
Deozaan,

Folks were posting about specifically wanting to use a "rocker" gesture to go back and forward, mostly used in browsers. That's the only reason I mentioned A-I-O Gestures. It's perfect for that feature alone! And Opera already has that feature built-in.

Jim
-J-Mac (September 13, 2008, 03:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for pointing out the "rocker" gesture for A-I-O Gestures. I always wondered what that meant. But to me the mouse gesture itself for "back" and "forward" work well enough. :)

Anyway, back to generic Mouse Gestures for the OS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version