topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:36 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Centre toggle  (Read 4597 times)

dazzaa

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Centre toggle
« on: March 10, 2010, 01:04 PM »
Could you add a custom keystroke combo for the centre button so it's the same system as the mouse/keyboard hotkey setup. Then instead of calling up the start menu we could have other apps eg deskspace.
Thanks,
Darran.

Is it possible to add a setting to bypass keyboard/mouse when the pointer is over the taskbar?
Cheers again.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 04:23 PM by dazzaa »

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
Re: Centre toggle
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 01:11 AM »
Could you add a custom keystroke combo for the centre button so it's the same system as the mouse/keyboard hotkey setup. Then instead of calling up the start menu we could have other apps eg deskspace.
That can't happen as, for technical reasons, the Centre Button is generally not the active window (the background is) so it can't receive key or mouse events unless it is specifically-activated. However I am considering allowing users to customise the action taken when the Centre Button is left-clicked. The options likely to be included will be "No action", "Show Start Menu", "Show Desktop" and "Run Task Manager".

Is it possible to add a setting to bypass keyboard/mouse when the pointer is over the taskbar?
No. Simply because if there's one area that users expect a fast response, it is in the toggling of the Dock's visibility. To add such a feature as you request entails adding a bunch of code to detect the mouse's position, to check the taskbar's visibility and taken as a whole this will decrease the responsiveness of the Dock.

Mark

dazzaa

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Centre toggle
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 02:31 AM »
I am considering allowing users to customise the action taken when the Centre Button is left-clicked. The options likely to be included will be "No action", "Show Start Menu", "Show Desktop" and "Run Task Manager".

Mark

Hello, sorry i didn't make myself very clear. This is what I'm after but with the option to pick a simulated keystroke like when we choose the CD background key toggle. :)

Left clicking the centre would invoke keys eg ctrl+shift+etc
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 05:24 AM by dazzaa »