ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Verbatim DVD+R 16x a quarter apiece

(1/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
I've had good luck with these blanks:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817507003&cm_re=dvd%2br_verbatim-_-17-507-003-_-Product

Verbatim DVD+R 16x metallic finish
A quarter apiece delivered.

Innuendo:
Verbatims aren't as good as they used to be. Heck, almost all blank CD & DVD media aren't as good as they used to be. There are lots of factors to look out for to ensure getting great media & unfortunately, the brand name on the container isn't one of them anymore.   :(

But I'm a bit of a fanatic when it comes to burning. I just recently chased all over the continental U.S. to find the exact model DVD burner I wanted. I realize most people aren't like that & I have a sickness.  ;D

MilesAhead:
All I can tell you is I go by what works in my burners.  I've had very good luck with these DVD+R 16x metalic on sale either online @Egg or in OfficeMax brick&mortar.

Many people swear up and down that the only way to go is TY.  But it seems that every HP Pavilion I get, the burner only wants to burn TY 16x discs @2.4 or 4x.  No TYs for me until I see some that burn correctly @16x.

In my last 3 PCs Verbatim DVD+R has burned consistently good @16x.
Your mileage may vary. I don't understand how they do the write strategies
for these burners.  My new PC will only burn Verbatim 8x DL @4x, while my
old PC will burn the same discs @4-8x.  But the new PC has better write
strategies for just about everything else but the TY.  Go figure. :)

Innuendo:
All I can tell you is I go by what works in my burners.  I've had very good luck with these DVD+R 16x metalic on sale either online @Egg or in OfficeMax brick&mortar.-MilesAhead (March 10, 2010, 05:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

As always, always use the media that works best in your burner.

Many people swear up and down that the only way to go is TY.
--- End quote ---

That advice isn't as fool-proof as it used to be. Taiyo Yuden isn't what they used to be & these days buying their Professional discs will yield much better results than their ValueLine ones.

But it seems that every HP Pavilion I get, the burner only wants to burn TY 16x discs @2.4 or 4x.  No TYs for me until I see some that burn correctly @16x.
--- End quote ---

Oh, you may want to check your drive out & do some research on the net. A lot of HP drives are re-badged from other brands & in most cases you can cross-flash to have access to better firmware.

This burner I just bought will burn TY Pro 16x discs at 24x.

But the new PC has better write strategies for just about everything else but the TY.  Go figure. :)
--- End quote ---

Sounds like you need some new firmware.  :)

MilesAhead:
I'm not a big believer in firmware update when the thing isn't broken.  I've had bad code turn a perfectly good piece of equipment into a paperweight.  I don't want to repeat the experience.  16x is fast enough for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version