ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > What's the Best?

best virual cd/dvd maker and image mounter?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Crush:
I prefer these emulators for playing my old games - the most of them didn´t use a complete cd/dvd and were often uncompressed. The soundtracks can get crunched to mp3 in the cd-image.

Innuendo:
I love Daemon-Tools Lite. They've made their free product so good that most people will never need one of their commercial products. MagicISO MagicDisc comes in second, but its interface is just klunky by comparison, IMHO.

And Daemon-Tools comes with a Desktop Gadget if you're into that kind of thing (I'm not).

delwoode:
I am still using daemon tools 3.7 at the moment as I have read on various forums that the later versions put spyware and rootkits on your computer, true?  Also that they interfere with the sleep function on your laptop??

delwoode:
I use several for different tasks.
A very good one is Virtual Drive - but it isn´t free.
Paragon also has a really free CD/DVD-Emulator with a lot of great features like realtime compression: CD-Rom-Emulator V3.0 - I love this company because all of their products are really cool and the most of them are available as free editions.
Daemon-Tools & Alcohol are still top notch programs, but I still miss some features others have.
-Crush (March 09, 2010, 05:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
They seem interesting but is seems they cant create an iso or cue or whatever is that so?

Deozaan:
I doubt it's the best, but I use Gizmo Central's Gizmo Drive to mount images.

Though I can't say I've had much need to make disc images in some time, so I'm not sure how well it does at that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version