ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > What's the Best?

best virual cd/dvd maker and image mounter?

(1/5) > >>

delwoode:
I have Deamon tools (free) but anyone use something else?

Josh:
I live and swear by Daemon Tools Pro. I am the owner of a 2 user, 2 year license for the program and from my experience, nothing else supports what DT Pro Std does and does it so eloquently. It supports just about any format I can throw at it, is very light on resources, supports shell based mounting and just plain works. No gimmicks, no hacks to work around, just straight out of the box working!

Some people use Alcohol 120 but I did not find it as robust as DT Pro.

Please note, I am not affiliated with DT. I am just an avid user and fan of the software

f0dder:
MagicISO MagicDisc or Slysoft Virtual CloneDrive, don't bother with d-t if you don't need it's piracy-related features.

I'm personally using MagicDisc, which works like a charm - VCD is also nice, but doesn't play super well with 32bit alternate explorer on 64bit Windows, since it's user interface depends on explorer shell extensions.

Crush:
I use several for different tasks.
A very good one is Virtual Drive - but it isnĀ“t free.
Paragon also has a really free CD/DVD-Emulator with a lot of great features like realtime compression: CD-Rom-Emulator V3.0 - I love this company because all of their products are really cool and the most of them are available as free editions.
Daemon-Tools & Alcohol are still top notch programs, but I still miss some features others have.

f0dder:
IMHO disc image compression isn't such an important thing, considering that a lot of cds/dvds consist mainly of already compressed files (.msi, .cab, or whatever else is used by the particular setup program used).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version