topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 1:12 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: looking for program to convert wav or mp3 to .omg (sony Atrac3)  (Read 5012 times)

delwoode

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Its strange but there doesnt seem to be a good program to convert wav or mp3 to .omg (sony Atrac3) and then put it on a netmd external device (minidisk player).    I have looked in several forums and the advice was that The sony "Sonic Stage" program was rubbish and Beat jam not much better but there doesnt seem to be a less bloated simpler alternative.  am I wrong? I did read that some people have had success with using nero to convert and simple burner to put it on the player but simple burner wont install on my machine.

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: looking for program to convert wav or mp3 to .omg (sony Atrac3)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 06:17 AM »
This is one of the reasons minidisk never really succeeded: proprietary, closed standards. A shame, since it was a pretty nice format for it's time.

Don't know any solution, sorry - I ditched my minidisc player more than 5 years ago :)
- carpe noctem

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 06:39 AM »
Its strange but there doesnt seem to be a good program to convert wav or mp3 to .omg (sony Atrac3) and then put it on a netmd external device (minidisk player).    I have looked in several forums and the advice was that The sony "Sonic Stage" program was rubbish and Beat jam not much better but there doesnt seem to be a less bloated simpler alternative.  am I wrong? I did read that some people have had success with using nero to convert and simple burner to put it on the player but simple burner wont install on my machine.

The 4.2 version of Sonic Stage was far from being rubbish.  But it's a heavy install.   You may also try Sony MD Simple Burner, which is much lighter.  It only accept CD as input, but you may take your mp3, create a virtual audio CD from them, mount this virtual CD and have MD Simple Burner handle it as input.  It has worked for me in the past.
.merle1.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 08:14 PM »
if it was the other way around, Sony has released this software that converts your ATRAC 3 files to MP3.

http://support.sony-...spx?l=en&f=MP3CT