ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

looking for program to convert wav or mp3 to .omg (sony Atrac3)

(1/1)

delwoode:
Its strange but there doesnt seem to be a good program to convert wav or mp3 to .omg (sony Atrac3) and then put it on a netmd external device (minidisk player).    I have looked in several forums and the advice was that The sony "Sonic Stage" program was rubbish and Beat jam not much better but there doesnt seem to be a less bloated simpler alternative.  am I wrong? I did read that some people have had success with using nero to convert and simple burner to put it on the player but simple burner wont install on my machine.

f0dder:
This is one of the reasons minidisk never really succeeded: proprietary, closed standards. A shame, since it was a pretty nice format for it's time.

Don't know any solution, sorry - I ditched my minidisc player more than 5 years ago :)

MerleOne:
Its strange but there doesnt seem to be a good program to convert wav or mp3 to .omg (sony Atrac3) and then put it on a netmd external device (minidisk player).    I have looked in several forums and the advice was that The sony "Sonic Stage" program was rubbish and Beat jam not much better but there doesnt seem to be a less bloated simpler alternative.  am I wrong? I did read that some people have had success with using nero to convert and simple burner to put it on the player but simple burner wont install on my machine.
-delwoode (March 09, 2010, 03:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

The 4.2 version of Sonic Stage was far from being rubbish.  But it's a heavy install.   You may also try Sony MD Simple Burner, which is much lighter.  It only accept CD as input, but you may take your mp3, create a virtual audio CD from them, mount this virtual CD and have MD Simple Burner handle it as input.  It has worked for me in the past.

lanux128:
if it was the other way around, Sony has released this software that converts your ATRAC 3 files to MP3.

• http://support.sony-europe.com/DNA/Downloads/downloads.aspx?l=en&f=MP3CT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version