Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 31, 2014, 01:41:09 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Virtual Desktops For Windows 7  (Read 2202 times)
RedPillow

Pillows.

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 08, 2010, 11:23:45 AM »

Are there any other Virtual Desktops like BumpTop?
hpearce
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 02:12:05 PM »

I use bumptop on my Mac ... not sure I find it all that useful

Windows 7 SP1 (TM) Home Premium 64-bit .. Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26 GHz / 2.27 GHz .. 4GB RAM .. NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS .. Gateway P-7805u FX
rssapphire
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 09:55:52 PM »

If you don't need the eyecandy, Dexpot works well and supports Win7. It's free for personal use.

RetroRoleplaying -- Tabletop Roleplaying Games Before D20
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
AndyM
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 10:23:46 PM »

Does anyone know if Virtual Dimension (http://virt-dimension.sourceforge.net/) works on Windows 7?
Tuxman
Supporting Member

OMG not him again!

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 10:06:53 AM »

Hmm, I'm sure the Actual Window Manager does (a new version is out AFAICS), but it is still payware. Not eye-candy, anyway.

I bet when Cheetahs race and one of them cheats, the other one goes "Man, you're such a Cheetah!" and they laugh & eat a zebra or whatever.
- @VeryGrumpyCat
TucknDar
Charter Member

Advanced coder of Nowt

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 04:33:44 AM »

I use and love VirtuaWin! Not all the features of Dexpot, but still has plenty of features and for me it works better than Dexpot. Extendable through modules. Free and Open Source.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.031s | Server load: 0.07 ]