ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

In rememberance of....The antiquated hardware/software reminiscence thread

<< < (9/10) > >>

40hz:
Nothing wrong with the LaserJet 4, all they need is service and they be right for another 20 years :)
-woodss (September 18, 2012, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

In rememberance of....The antiquated hardware/software reminiscence thread

+1! I only retired my Laserjet III (with $$$ Postscript cartridge option!) when it finally got to be too much of a hassle to get toner for it locally.

I gave it away - and last I heard (about two years ago) it was still going strong.

Thing was built like a boat anchor for a navy destroyer. If it ever ends up in a landfill, it will probably still be recognizable for at least a thousand years.
 :Thmbsup:

mouser:
Here's how I paid tribute to one of my favorite technological toys from the 1970s: The 2XL "Robot".

wraith808:
Later this job was done by a more flexible Zip-Drive
-Crush (March 07, 2010, 08:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I still have a Zip drive, but the Jaz drive was the one that revolutionized it for me.  I still hate that none of my machines have SCSI now.  In terms of video cards, the Rendition Verite was so cool.

Deozaan:
RIP iPhone 4S. :'( Recently made obsolete and antiquated by the announcement of the iPhone 5.

;) :P

rgdot:
In 1000 years when aliens visit this wasteland the LaserJet will work with their power source yet they will find historical records of some things starting with i for some unknown reason

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version