ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

In rememberance of....The antiquated hardware/software reminiscence thread

<< < (4/10) > >>

AndyM:
I still use a DOS phonelist/dialer (HotLine), and run SuperKey with the same key definitions I was using in the 80's.

Carol Haynes:
Borlands's Sidekick (and later on Sidekick Plus) The Granddaddy of all TSR applications. Combined with an AST Rampage! card and you were one smokin' cool Power User. ;D
-40hz (March 07, 2010, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

WOw - great thread.

I had completely forgotten about Sidekick (and SK+) - they were awesome in their day.

ljbirns:
My first ' portable " computer.  The Radio Shack TRS 80 Pocket Computer   ( about  1981)

40hz:
All those great old computer magazines:

Byte

In rememberance of....The antiquated hardware/software reminiscence thread  In rememberance of....The antiquated hardware/software reminiscence thread  In rememberance of....The antiquated hardware/software reminiscence thread

Probably the finest general computer technology magazine ever published. And still sadly missed by many of us who are old enough to remember it.

Transactor  :-*

This was a personal favorite of mine. The bible of the Commodore 64 crowd. I used to pore over this mag from cover to cover way back when.

There's an online partial archive of back issues at the following link. Check it out if you're a C64 fan. Maybe even give it a skim if you're not..

http://cbm.csbruce.com/~csbruce/cbm/transactor/

Kilobaud Microcomputing

Another classic that deserved better.

mouser:
40hz, you forgot a few, Creative Computing was one of my favorites, although we also LOVED Byte, and DrDobbs.

Check out the Classic Computer Magazine Archive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version