ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Most under-rated media player?

(1/2) > >>

Edvard:
Okay, ignore the BIG SHINY BUTTONS and Self-Aggrandizement at FMod.org and go to Downloads, scroll down to FMod 3.75, download and unzip. Now, take fmod.dll from \api and FMod.exe from \samples\fmod and put them in the same directory. Open FMod.exe.
A very clean smallish media player that supports a whole bunch of formats without too many bells and whistles. Oh, and there's a bunch of stuff in there for the coder types to make their own player, or use the FMod sound engine for whatever. Just thought I'd mention it as this seemed to work on all my ragtag second-hand systems that had real problems throwing up WMP.

Innuendo:
I haven't looked at it yet, but it'd have to go a long way to beat Media Player Classic.

allen:
I'm partial to VU Player, myself -- largely unknown and definitely underrated -- but might have to give your baby there a try.

Edvard:
I didn't say it was great. It barely has a playlist. I just have a special place in my heart for the small and straightforward with a little nerdiness thrown in. That being the fact that Fmod proper is actually a drop-in sound engine for adding (according to the adver... um... documentation) killer sound support to your own apps/games/whatever and they just wrote an example GUI for it. I don't know what it is, those kind of things turn my crank every time... Like finding a treasure chest on a desert island and it's full of tinfoil origami animals.
I'll check out VU Player.

allen:
I started using 'player' when back before "gracenote" was gracenote -- and it was the best of the free, non-winamp players that supported CDDB/gracenote.  When digital music became a thing and he released vuplayer, I switched to that.  It does everything I need, is nice and small and the price is right ;)

http://vuplayer.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version